We are looking for a tech minded apprentice who has personal skills to help our customers with IT support and migration of IT systems.
This role will give you a great insight into cloud services, telephony, install/upgrade of operating systems & more.
Duties/ Responsibilities: [Your main duties will be to:]
- Prepare customer computers and computer related equipment ready to be taken onsite for installation
- Install and configure software applications
- Diagnose and repair customer computer’s, network equipment, computer-linked equipment and computer-related equipment
- Help produce and maintain IT statistics, reports, checklists and other documentation as necessary
- Assist with the upkeep of the IT inventory
- Maintain and update customer interaction on company CRM software
- Pro-actively implement the company’s policies and procedures
- Undertake any other relevant duties that may be reasonably requested by the company
If you are working towards targets set by the business, there may be an offer of full time employment or further studies for a level 4 qualification.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
- Good attention to detail
- A passion for learning
- Team work
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Passion for technology
- Communication skills
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
- Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard
- Functional Skills in Maths and English if required
Approximately 11% of training takes place in the QA learning centre classroom. 9% is done in the workplace, through online training, face-to-face meetings with your QA Technical Skills Coach, or developing your portfolio. The remaining time will be spent on your workplace activity.