Intequal, in partnership with the Microsoft Apprenticeship Programme are currently recruiting for an energetic individual to join a fantastic company as an IT Support Apprentice. This is a great opportunity to earn while you learn and gain on the job experience to start your career in IT.
We are looking to recruit an IT Support Apprentice who is a hardworking, organised individual with flexibility and a willingness to learn.
Location: Stoke on Trent.
Join an award-winning family run business based in Stoke on Trent for recognition for their business activities and being on the cutting edge of software development. The business has over 10 years experience providing services such as business transformation through technology, software development and Telecommunications.
The business is now looking to recruit two apprentices to join their valued IT team as an infrastructure technician.
- You will be entitled to an NUS Card, which means discounts at local high street stores, restaurants, travel and many more!
- All of our training is done remotely and online so there is no need to spend on expensive travelling costs travelling to college one day a week
- You will gain a recognised qualification as a Level 3 Infrastructure technician with on the job training
- You will get support from our team of tutors that will be with you every step of the way to help reach your career goals
As an IT Apprentice your main role/ responsibilities will include:
- Answering the phone and providing excellent customer service and care in a professional and effective manner
- Providing remote support, advice and guidance to the customer
- Fault diagnosis and diagnosis of security issues
- Working with hardware
- Software installation
- Application support in bespoke software
- PC builds, reconfiguration and re-builds including: Account set-up and identifying and fixing issues
You will be enrolled onto the award-winning Microsoft Partner Apprenticeship Programme. You will work towards gaining skills across a variety of technical areas including MTA Cloud Fundamentals and MTA Network Fundamentals. These are globally recognised certifications and you will also gain a City and Guilds Diploma in Coding and logic and mobile and operating systems. This will also extend to business processes and project management.
Opportunity for the learner to secure a permanent position with the company, when the apprenticeship is complete.
- Be strong communicators, both internally and externally
- Develop your own effectiveness and professionalism
- A driving licence would be beneficial due to the location
- Someone who is the go to for friends and family for any IT issues
- Have a genuine passion for IT and software AND have great customer service!
- Be organised and responsive, using initiative and motivation to deal with enquiries
- Be reliable and enthusiastic
- Have good timekeeping
- The company require a bright, enthusiastic and hard-working individual with a genuine desire to learn and to build a career within the IT industry
- You will have a friendly personality, be able to work as part of a team and provide excellent customer service
To be considered for this role, you ideally would hold a C/4 grade in both GCSE Maths and English, and in three or four other subjects. You should have a GCSE /BTEC / A Level in ICT or at least direct experience with the workings of computers and IT.
- Infrastructure Technician Level 3
- You will be enrolled on to the award-winning Microsoft Partner Apprenticeship Programme
- You will work towards gaining skills across a variety of technical areas including MTA Cloud Fundamentals and MTA Network Fundamentals. These are globally recognised certifications
- You will also gain a City and Guilds Diploma in Coding and logic and mobile and operating systems. This will also extend to business processes and project management