Intequal, in partnership with the Microsoft Apprenticeship Programme are currently recruiting for an energetic individual to join a fantastic company as an IT Support Apprentice. This is a great opportunity to earn while you learn and gain on the job experience to kickstart your career in IT.
We are looking to recruit an IT Support Apprentice who is a hardworking, organised individual with flexibility and a willingness to learn. As a Microsoft Infrastructure Technician Apprentice your main roles and responsibilities will include (you should also identify the key responsibilities):
- Daily monitoring of the Autotask support call logging system
- Logging of all support calls in the Autotask system
- Providing 1st line technical support, responding to support queries to all customers
- To maintain a high degree of customer service when responding to support issues
- To take ownership of support issues and seek closure ensuring all relevant support procedures are followed
- Escalation of more complex calls to the relevant support team member
- Installation configuration and deployment of new and existing hardware in line with defined procedures
- Installation configuration and deployment of new and existing software in line with defined procedures
About the Company
- Our Client is one of the UK's Leading Computer Leasing and Support Specialists based in West Bromwich
- Due to the company expanding the team are now looking to recruit a Infrastructure technician apprentice
Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship, you will receive Microsoft training and accreditation through blended learning. This combines online technical training within a virtual classroom, as well as real-world and practical experience with your employer. The certifications you gain are highly respected and globally recognised. The skills, knowledge and experience you will gain whilst on the programme are invaluable, giving you the best possible start in your professional career within the IT sector.
Opportunity for the learner to secure a permanent position with the employer once the apprenticeship is complete.
- Be strong communicators, both internally and externally
- Develop own effectiveness and professionalism
- Be computer literate to a good standard
- Have a genuine passion for IT and software AND have great customer service!
- Be organised and responsive, using initiative and motivation to deal with enquiries
- Be reliable and enthusiastic Have good timekeeping
The company require a bright, enthusiastic and hard-working individual with a genuine desire to learn and to build a career within the IT industry. You will have a friendly personality, be able to work as part of a team and provide excellent customer service.
To be considered for this role, you ideally would hold a C/4 grade in both GCSE or equivalent math's & English, and in three or four other subjects. You should have a GCSE/BTEC/A Level in ICT or at least hands-on experience with the workings of computers and IT.
You will be enrolled on to the award-winning Microsoft Partner Apprenticeship Programme. You will work towards gaining skills across a variety of technical areas including MTA Cloud Fundamentals and MTA Network Fundamentals, these are globally recognised certifications, you will also gain a City and Guilds Diploma in Coding and logic and mobile and operating systems.
This will also extend to business processes and project management.