Intequal, in partnership with the Microsoft Apprenticeship Programme, are currently recruiting for an energetic individual to join a fantastic company as an Apprentice IT Support Assistant. This is a great opportunity to earn while you learn and gain on the job experience to kickstart your career in IT.
As an IT Support Apprentice, you will:
- Be part of a dedicated team of engineers within a busy IT services company
- Be the first point of contact for all incoming calls, including Helpdesk
- Provide first line Helpdesk support to our customers, within the Apprentice skillset, demonstrating an outstanding approach to customer service. With training and development, you will become a trusted member of the team who is able to resolve tickets independently
- Maintain accurate records within both the ticketing system and in response to incoming communication.
- Assist with the setting up, maintenance and repair of computer related equipment
- Thrive on obtaining new technical knowledge, actively engaging with more senior colleagues to expand your skillset
- Collect and deliver computer equipment as required by our customers
- Proactively undertake any other relevant duties as may reasonably be required by the technical and operations teams. This may include general office duties
- Be committed to learning and self-development, working towards the standards required in order to complete the apprenticeship
Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship, you will receive Microsoft training and accreditation through blended learning. This combines online technical training within a virtual classroom, as well as real-world and practical experience with your employer.
The certifications you gain are highly respected and globally recognised. The skills, knowledge and experience you will gain whilst on the programme are invaluable, giving you the best possible start in your professional career within the IT sector.
Hard work is rewarded by career progression and talent is recognised to ensure our engineers have the passion and drive required to deliver outstanding service to our clients.
- A high level of professionalism
- Excellent organisational and multitasking skills
- Commitment and punctuality
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work on their own initiative.
- An aptitude for learning
- A professional yet personable telephone manner.
- A methodical approach with great attention to detail.
- A team player mentality
- The company require a bright, enthusiastic and hardworking individual with a genuine desire to learn and to build a career within the IT industry
- You will have a friendly personality, be able to work as part of a team and provide excellent customer service
- A confidential and trustworthy approach
- A flexible and helpful attitude
To be considered for this role, you must have GCSE's or equivalent at C/4 grade in both maths & English, and in three or four other subjects at least.
No previous IT or industry experience is required, but the successful candidate will
be expected to demonstrate a keen interest in IT and how systems work, with a problem-solving approach to issues.
Due to the nature of the role, you will need a full UK driving licence.
Infrastructure technician Level 3
You will be enrolled on to the award-winning Microsoft Partner Apprenticeship Programme. You will work towards gaining skills across a variety of technical areas including Cloud Technologies and Network Fundamentals. This will extend also business processes and project management. You will also have the opportunity to gain some globally recognised Microsoft certifications.