We are looking for someone who has excellent communication and customer service skills to join an award winning grammar school in Wolverhampton as an IT support apprentice.
Our client is a well-established grammar school in Wolverhampton, founded in 1512 with over 25 acres of stunning architecture offering a reminder of the schools rich history.
As a Infrastructure Technician your main roles and responsibilities will include:
- Becoming a valued part of the IT Support team
- Learning how to provide technical support
- Assisting in customer projects and support activities as skills allow
- Gaining on the job experience and being able to utilize the skills you have gained over the duration of your apprenticeship
- Providing Teachers & students with technical support
- Setting up IT Infrastructure
- Audio/ Visual set up
- Providing OneNote support
- Providing connectivity support
- Supporting students with downloading of school apps
- Password resets
Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship, you will receive Microsoft training and accreditation through blended learning. This combines online technical training within a virtual classroom, as well as real-world and practical experience with your employer.
The certifications you gain are highly respected and globally recognised. The skills, knowledge and experience you will gain whilst on the programme are invaluable, giving you the best possible start in your professional career within the IT sector.
Opportunity for the learner to secure a permanent position, once the apprenticeship is complete.
- You will be highly organised.
- You will be willing to work hard and eager to learn.
- Ability to multitask
- Organisational skills
- Communication skills
- IT skills
Our client require a bright, enthusiastic and hardworking individual with a genuine desire to learn and to build a career within the IT industry.
To be considered for this role, you ideally would hold GCSE's or equivalent at C/4 grade in both math’s & English, and in three or four other subjects. You should have a GCSE/BTEC/A Level in ICT or at least hands-on experience with the workings of computers and IT
Infrastructure technician Level 3
You will be enrolled on to the award-winning Microsoft Partner Apprenticeship Programme. You will work towards gaining skills across a variety of technical areas including MTA Cloud Fundamentals and MTA Network Fundamentals, these are globally recognised certifications, you will also gain a City and Guilds Diploma in Coding and logic and mobile and operating systems. This will also extend to business processes and project management.