We are looking to recruit an Application Support Apprentice who is a hardworking, organised individual with flexibility and a willingness to learn.
As a Microsoft Infrastructure Technician Apprentice your main roles and responsibilities will include:
- Interpreting and logging requests and support cases into systems
- Providing initial responses to customers
- Investigating and replicating issues
- Providing regular communication to customers in accordance to Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Assisting with other internal projects as required
The Support Desk is part of the Technical Services Department within the business. As well as providing support, Technical Services is responsible for the implementation of software and managing and maintaining the company’s own network infrastructure.
This role will initially be to provide first line application software support to customers. The company support the usage of Vendor provided solutions (Microsoft/Infor) to clients as well as their own software, which may be via business partners. The key measure for this role is customer satisfaction and not closure rates, which reflects how customer service is important to the business.
Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship, you will receive Microsoft training and accreditation through blended learning. This combines online technical training within a virtual classroom, as well as real-world and practical experience with your employer.
The certifications you gain are highly respected and globally recognised. The skills, knowledge and experience you will gain whilst on the programme are invaluable, giving you the best possible start in your professional career within the IT sector.
- Candidates will have multiple options within the business for career progression upon successful completion of the apprenticeship programme
- As well as establishing oneself within the Technical Services Support desk to provide escalation levels of support, there are possibilities to become a product specialist or become a member of the project delivery team, with varying consultative roles for possible consideration
- You will be highly organised, have excellent communication skills and a brilliant telephone manner
- You will be willing to work hard and eager to learn
- You will be flexible, adaptable, possess the ability to multitask and have good interpersonal skills
- You will be presentable, self-disciplined, and able to communicate effectively
- You should have a willingness to learn new things and embrace technology
- The company require a bright, enthusiastic and hardworking individual with a genuine desire to learn and to build a career within the IT industry
- You will have a friendly personality, be able to work as part of a team and provide excellent customer service
- To be considered for this role, you must have at least a C/4 grade in both GCSE maths & English, and in three or four other subjects at least
- You should have a GCSE/BTEC/A Level in ICT or at least hands-on experience with the workings of computers and IT
Infrastructure Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard:
- You will be enrolled on to the award-winning Microsoft Partner Apprenticeship Programme
- You will work towards gaining skills across a variety of technical areas including Cloud Technologies and Network Fundamentals
- This will extend also business processes and project management
- You will also have the opportunity to gain some globally recognised Microsoft certifications