IT Support Apprentice
Link It Uk Limited
We are looking to recruit an IT Helpdesk/Support Apprentice who is a hardworking, organised individual with flexibility and a willingness to learn.
As a Microsoft Infrastructure Technician Apprentice your main roles and responsibilities will include:
- Becoming a valued part of the IT Support team
- Learning how to provide technical support
- Assisting in customer projects and support activities as skills allow
- Gaining on the job experience and being able to utilize the skills you have gained over the duration of your apprenticeship
- Helping the existing staff, and the other sub-contractors partnered with, to deliver IT support services to clients
- Learning how to handle telephone support calls as well as incoming helpdesk emails
- Managing the helpdesk system, ensuring all calls are handled within appropriate timescales
- Working on resolving the first line support where capable and working with more experienced staff to help resolve more complex issues or referring to second/third line support staff where necessary
- Updating company systems
Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship, you will receive Microsoft training and accreditation through blended learning. This combines online technical training within a virtual classroom, as well as real-world and practical experience with your employer.
The certifications you gain are highly respected and globally recognised. The skills, knowledge and experience you will gain whilst on the programme are invaluable, giving you the best possible start in your professional career within the IT sector.
Opportunity for the right candidate to secure a permanent position with the company upon completion of the apprenticeship.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- You will be highly organised, have excellent communication skills and a brilliant telephone manner
- You will be willing to work hard and eager to learn
- You will be flexible, adaptable, possess the ability to multitask and have good interpersonal skills
- Experience within a customer service, administration or sales role is preferred but not essential
The company require a bright, enthusiastic and hard-working individual with a genuine desire to learn and build a career in the IT sector.
You will have a friendly personality, be able to work as part of a team and provide excellent customer service.
- GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths & English (essential)
- GCSE, BTEC or A/S Level (or equivalent) in Business Administration or Business Studies would be beneficial
- Level 3 Infrastructure Technician apprenticeship standard
- Functional Skills if required
You will be enrolled on to the award-winning Microsoft Partner Apprenticeship Programme. You will work towards gaining skills across a variety of technical areas including Cloud Technologies and Network Fundamentals.
This will extend also business processes and project management. You will also have the opportunity to gain some globally recognised Microsoft certifications.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.