Block Solutions are an IT innovation business, offering expert consultancy, business transformation and managed services that empower clients to do great things.
They're passionate and enthusiastic about what they do and use their expertise along with their technical capability work in partnership with clients to help increase productivity, accelerate growth and deliver outstanding user experiences through technology and service propositions.
You will have the opportunity to gain valuable skills, knowledge and experience as you complete an IT systems and networking - Cloud Network Specialist - Level 3 Apprenticeship.
The IT Support & Field Technician is a hybrid role that operates both desk-based and out in the field.
Technicians will enjoy lots of variety in their workload, whether working from our service desk as the first point of contact for incidents, or out on-site helping to deploy new technology for our clients.
Teamwork and collaboration is crucial part of this role, working effectively to deliver an excellent client experience whether over the phone or in person.
- Act as the first point of contact for Block customers and internal staff raising new cases via telephone, email, live chat or raised in the Block’s customer portal.
- Provide technical support to Block customers and internal staff managing Incidents and Service Requests until resolution achieving a first time fix where possible.
- Provide an excellent support experience for customers including meeting response and resolution SLAs.
- Diagnose incidents and perform initial investigations
- Perform daily system checks and respond to real-time alerts from monitoring.
- Manage hardware break/fix (RMA) and coordinate activity with onsite engineers.
- Endorse Block services and encourage the same team culture.
- Support the continual improvement process to enhance service delivery.
- Visiting client sites across the country to support the delivery and deployment of networking solutions.
What we are looking for:
Desirable skills / Personal qualities
- A strong interest in and passion for IT
- Business skills including effective communication and teamwork
- More than a team player! Someone that loves to get involved, help others and support the team
- Results focused and methodical investigator with great attention to detail
- Able to work under direction and follow instruction
- Great communicator; clear, confident, and articulate
- Good standard of verbal and written communication capability
- Helpful attitude with the ability to collaborate well with others
The entry requirements for this Cloud Network Specialist programme are as follows:
- 3 GCSE's (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.