Based in Dorset and Somerset, we provide an extensive range of cloud-based solutions to businesses and organisations across the South and South West of England.
You will have the opportunity to gain valuable skills and experience as you complete a IT Azure Cloud Support Specialist - Level 3 Apprenticeship.
Salary: £14,000 per annum, rising to £15,000 per annum after 6 months-probation.
Main role / Responsibilities [will include but not be limited to]:
- Troubleshooting and attempted resolution of service desk incidents.
- Hands-on support to users, as well as back-end troubleshooting of Microsoft 365, servers and networks. Front-end support includes PCs, laptops, VOIP telephone and various applications.
- Contribute to the maintenance and documentation of the infrastructure estates supported, such as site documentation and knowledge base article creation.
- Assist and work with the Technical Support Manager to improve all aspects of the Service Desk delivery.
- Escalate tickets to 2nd line support or third-party escalation where required.
- Configuration and upgrading of related hardware, software and services.
What we are looking for:
- Excellent communication skills and telephone manner
- Excellent organisational skills
- Passionate about delivering high levels of customer service
- An independent worker that integrates into a team environment well
- Someone that demonstrates they can think on their own and take action when necessary
- A keen problem solver, with a methodical way of thinking
Entry criteria / Qualifications:
- 5 relevant GCSE’s including computing / ICT at grades 4+ (A-C)
- Relevant A-Level in computing / ICT
- Relevant college course in computing / ICT
- Generous holiday allowance
- Focus on development
- Friendly cohesive team
- Employee Wellbeing Programme
- Employee Discount Programme
- Regular work socials (team and full business)
- Further training and qualifications (Microsoft, Acronis, Watchguard)
- Progression into 1st & 2nd Line IT Support Engineer
- Project engineering
- Onsite engineering
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.