We are P&O Ferrymasters and we work with some of the largest companies in the world to make sure that their goods get to where they need to on time and efficiently.
We have locations across Europe and the Northern Mediterranean and our routes cover road, rail and sea.
We operate from over 20 locations in 13 countries and work with some of the best-known global household names.
We are a part of DP World who are one of the largest global logistics companies in the world.
Here at P&O, we are now looking for an Application Support Analyst Apprentice to join our established IT Team.
- To provide effective first line IT assistance across our 500+ user Pan-European environment.
- Assisting the support of the main in-house logistics program manager.
- Log/Update/Resolve calls on the I.T Helpdesk call management system (Easy Vista).
- Escalating IT issues within the I.T Helpdesk structure.
- Provide remote support to staff via email, telephone and remote-control tools.
- Diagnosing and resolving application issues.
- Providing support on small- to medium-sized IT projects.
What we are looking for:
- Excellent communication skills
- Professional telephone manner
- Interest in technology
- Troubleshooting skills
- Ability to multitask
- Team player
The entry requirements for this Azure Cloud Support Specialist programme are as follows:
- 3 GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship is in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
£16,000 per annum.
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, there will be an opportunity to join P&O on a full-time basis - where future development will be encouraged.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.