You will gain experience in:
- IT Service Desk providing help and support to end users on the phone, email and in person
- Diagnosing, researching and resolving PC related hardware and software issues
- Setting up PCs and laptops and installing software
- Operating Systems – Windows/Linux
- Network administration of data and VOIP systems
- Administering server applications including Email, Database and backup systems
- Support and administration of financial / business applications
- Assisting with the delivery of projects
- Microsoft Office 365 and Cloud services
- Unified Communication technologies
- Cybersecurity and awareness programmes
- Service management and reporting
- Process improvements
Upon successful achievemnt of your apprenticeship you may be offered a permanent role with NPL.
The commute from your home to Teddington.
Apprentices are also offered training to improve their communication skills, time management, help build on their team working and present effectively.
Richmond upon Thames College will provide training via off-the-job training within college by day release. Study time will be allocated to attend lessons and to complete activities.
Applications will be reviewed, and interviews conducted throughout the duration of this advert therefore we may at any time bring the closing date forward. We encourage all interested applicants to apply as soon as practical.
- Apprentices entering into this role will need to practice their work within Standard Operating Procedures and comply with all policies and procedures applicable to their role
- This particular role will also require the individual to meet the academic and vocational elements of the apprenticeship framework, attending where possible all lectures, exams and observations
- Apprentices are also offered training to improve their communication skills, time management, help build on their team working and present effectively
- A professional and mature approach to work
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Be a UK resident
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s, grades A*-C or equivalent or 4-9 (or predicted grades)
- These must include English and maths
- A relevant background in IT or current course
- Level 3 IT Solutions Technician Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required
Richmond upon Thames College will provide training via 20% off-the-job training within college by day release. Study time will be allocated to attend lessons and to complete activities.