You will work in a supported learning environment to develop the skills and knowledge required for an Apprentice and complete an IT Solution Technician qualification.
The role of IT Solution Technician will be to work with the IT Applications, Infrastructure and Business Intelligence Teams, focusing on IT Support to gain broad knowledge and skills which will allow them to apply for positions should opportunities arise at the end of the apprenticeship.
With training and support the Apprentice will be expected to assist with the following tasks over the duration of the contract:
- Provide general IT Support
- Respond to general enquires, mainly by telephone and email and occasional face to face with internal colleagues and external suppliers
- Create and update articles and guides to known problem and issues
- Support with laptop and mobile phone builds as well as issue resolution
- Troubleshoot and resolve software and applications issues for customers
- Undertake general IT Administrative tasks including setting up new users, updating and creating permissions
- Keep the asset register up to date
- Maintain, input and extract information from administrative systems and databases
- Produce and update statistical information from databases and spreadsheets
To be confirmed.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Customer Service experience
- Microsoft Office skills, with the ability to produce documents to a professional and accurate standard
- Ability to follow standard administrative processes and procedures
- Ability to deal with challenging situations effectively
- Ability to analyse, prepare and present information in a range of formats
- As a customer facing role must be a fluent English speaker
- Ability to multitask and prioritise effectively
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Confidence and ability to assess situations and make appropriate decisions
- Awareness and empathy of the social issues that might impact upon RBH customers
GCSE at grade 4/C or above in maths and English (or equivalent qualification).
Level 3 - IT Solutions Technicians standard:
IT Hardware Solutions Technicians undertake activities in the area of the infrastructure aspects of solutions such as servers and networks (fixed or mobile);
Typical job titles include IT Solutions Technician, Technical Analyst, Junior Support Analyst, IT Support Analyst, Systems Analyst, IT Technical Support, IT Systems Support Technician, Junior DevOps Professional, IT Service Desk or Technical Service Support (at 2nd, 3rd or 4th line support)
IT Software Solutions Technicians undertake activities in the area of applications and supporting components such as databases.
Typical job titles include IT Solutions Technician, Service Analyst, Junior Systems Analyst, Systems Developer, Database Technician, IT Support Analyst, IT Support Technician, IT Systems Support, Junior DevOps Professional, IT Service Desk or Applications Support Technician (at 2nd, 3rd or 4th line support)