The Apprentice who is successful in this position will have the opportunity to truly delve into the world of Technology, IT and Infrastructure Support with the chance to gain an industry accredited qualification with full support and training in the IT Solutions Technician - Software Pathway at a Level 3 standard.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop an understanding of Business and the different ways of working and supporting technology
- Assist with the day to day maintenance of IT systems; including Haulier Enterprise, Vigo, Tough Touch, Fleet Metrik and Truck File etc.
- Support relationships with third parties (Proteo, Pallet Track IT etc.)
- Provide technical support and advice to staff on systems and technologies, ensuring the appropriate training is given
- Produce and maintain written procedures for systems operations
- Liaise with suppliers in relation to new systems
- Identify enhancements to transport planning software
- Support the system changes and upgrades, ensuring proper testing and release.
- Look for ways to integrate systems that will simplify and streamline processes
- Ensure to assist with the Data Governance and the security of data
- Assist with cyber security; this will relate to the overall security of the network/computers/devices/emails
- Assist with any disaster recovery
- Our client will be looking into the possibility of making the successful candidate a permanent employee, upon successful completion of the Apprenticeship and ensuring that they have displayed the right skills and attributes
- Basic understanding of operating systems, networks and platforms
- Intermediate knowledge of developing code
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- You can work well in a team as well as independently
- Ability to carry out tasks correctly, with minimal assistance in a timely manner to a high quality
- A strong commitment to academic/college studies Proactive Resilient and enthusiastic
- You will have/or be working towards a minimum of 5 GCSEs at Grade C/4, equivalent or above, including English, maths, Science and preferably IT
- IT Solution Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard