IT Software Support Apprentice
Minster Micro Computers Ltd
We have a very exciting opportunity available working as a software support apprentice based in Kidderminster working for family run IT business, with over 30 year’s experience providing total IT solutions to the business community. Working with customers ranging from small companies to corporate bodies with large multi-user networks and offices from London to Belfast.
As a software developer apprentice your main role and responsibilities will involve:
- Working with the other members of the Technical Department to ensure it works smoothly and efficiently
- Ensuring company and customer specific SLA’s are always met, if not exceeded where possible
- Providing customers with support on a range of software platforms
- Regular checks throughout the day of Support Mail and Support System for new jobs and either resolution of reported issues or escalation to the team
- Assisting with in-house repairs to customer data
- Assisting with the in-house creation of reports and documents using Visual Foxpro, XRL and Crystal
- Assisting with the creation of SQL queries and scripts
We will not expect you, as an apprentice, to understand the full spec of the above responsibilities just yet but as this is a ‘live’ working environment we do expect full commitment and a can-do attitude. ‘On the job’ training will be provided.
Opportunity for the learner to secure a permanent position once the apprenticeship has been completed as a qualified software developer.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- None required
- We require a bright, enthusiastic and hardworking individual with a genuine desire to learn and build a career within the IT industry
- You will have a friendly personality, be able to work as part of a team and provide excellent customer service
- You must have at least a C/4 grade in both GCSE or equivalent on maths & English and in three or four other subjects at least
- You should have a GCSE/BTEC/A Level in ICT or at least practical experience with the workings of computers and IT/software
- Level 3 - Infrastructure technician standard
- Functional Skills if required
You will be enrolled on to the award-winning Microsoft Partner Apprenticeship Programme. You will work towards gaining skills across a variety of technical areas including Cloud Technologies and Network Fundamentals. This will extend also business processes and project management. You will also have the opportunity to gain some globally recognised Microsoft certifications.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free