IT Services Apprentice would be joining a team of 5.
Working in a customer focused and service orientated team you will be assisting in the configuration, implementation, operation and maintenance of the College's IT Hardware, Software and Networks. Supporting both Students and Staff with PC’s, Macs, Printers, Projectors, IP Telephones and Mobile devices.
- To configure and install new equipment and software
- To ensure the computer and network hardware and software and any equipment that falls under the remit of IT Services is operational and working at optimum efficiency; with particular responsibility for maintaining and ensuring the reliability of all deployed facilities
- To provide computer hardware and software support, and provide guidance to staff and students in the use of equipment
- To ensure all incidents and requests are logged in the appropriate systems and to communicate the status of logged calls with appropriate responses as per the agreed policies and procedures. Requirement to attend college events as required
This role is hugely varied and you will be involved in all aspects and gain varied experiences.
- We take our apprentices for the time the apprenticeship lasts
- At present we don’t have funding past this for a permanent position
There will be some heavy lifting of computers. We would like the apprentice to start as soon as possible. Working hours are Monday to Thursday, 7.5 hours between 8.30am and 5pm. Friday, 7 hours between 8.30am and 4pm.
- A working understanding of Windows Operating Systems & MS Office Software
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to self-evaluate learning needs and seek learning opportunities
- Ability to relate to all ages (16+)
- Independent and proactive working
- Positive attitude
- Punctual & Reliable
- Ability to carry and move heavy computer equipment (training and equipment is provided)
- Maintain a smart appearance and pleasant manner
- GCSE Grade 4(C) or above in English & maths, or equivalent
- Infrastructure Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship
- Functional skills if needed