Kick-start your IT career with an IT apprenticeship at Blackpool and The Fylde College. These opportunities provide a fantastic opportunity for the right candidates, and consist of paid employment, plus a level three IT qualification.
Please use the link to apply for this vacancy:-
Post Scale Range: £7,775
- To resolve IT related issues, logging and thoroughly investigating through to effective resolution/escalation where necessary
- To ensure timely, efficient and proactive fault diagnostics and resolution of all incidents, problems and requests relating to IT Services
- To deliver outstanding customer service
- To communicate effectively with all affected parties throughout the lifecycle of an issue or project
- To maintain operational processes and procedures in the form of a knowledge base available to the entire IT Services team
- To follow and contribute to a robust and documented change control process
- To ensure all asset management procedures are followed
- To provide technical assistance to individual IT projects and to contribute on relevant technical matters within the project
- To install new IT and associated equipment in line with operational procedures
- To accurately update and maintain information in the IT Service Management System
- To contribute to operational reports
- To administer one or more IT Service Management Systems
- To work effectively within any IT Services sub-team
- To contribute to the development of the IT strategy
- To contribute to the implementation of the IT strategy
- To assist in delivering IT strategic goals
- Service Improvement
- To help identify and report on own development plans and training opportunities where possible
- Contribute to own development through the staff performance review system and regular one to one meetings
- Actively contribute to the development and improvement of the IT Service by scanning for appropriate new technologies and contributing to Service Improvement plans
- Identify and report improvements to processes and procedures within own team
Health, Safety & Security:
- To ensure that all College Health & Safety Policies are adhered to in own working practices
- To ensure own awareness of relevant health & safety policies
- To complete and where appropriate escalate, risk assessments for own work area
- To comply with all College policies regarding appropriate dress and visibility of identification badge
Standard Responsibilities for all positions in B&FC:
- To fully adhere to B&FC policies and procedures at all times
- To display the B&FC values at all times and positively promote them
- To take responsibility for the promotion of the health, safety, wellbeing and mental wealth of self and others
- To actively support B&FC commitments on safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults
- To pursue the achievement and integration of equality, diversity and inclusion, through widening participation in all B&FC activities
- To actively support, and appropriately engage with the ‘One College’ ethos to promote positive student behaviour across B&FC
- To be proactive in identifying and pursing opportunities that are appropriate to maintaining your own professional development, and to positively engage in the B&FC performance review scheme and all relevant training
- To maintain the confidentiality and security of information and data at all times
- Undertake any other tasks and responsibilities appropriate to the level of this post
This job description is current at the date shown and may be amended after consultation and
agreement between management and the post holder.
Possible full time position on successful completion of Apprenticeship.
Please apply for this vacancy using the link
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Successful candidates will be enthusiastic, customer focussed.
Keen-to-learn and IT-savvy.
4 GCSE’s at grades A*-D/9-4 including maths and English (or equivalent).
Standard Level 3 IT Services.