Intequal, in partnership with the Microsoft Apprenticeship Programme are currently recruiting for an energetic individual to join a fantastic company as an Apprentice Service Desk Engineer for Mobility Products. This is a great opportunity to earn while you learn and gain on the job experience to start your career in IT.
About the Company
For 10 years, our client has been helping businesses adapt to the increasing presence of mobile technologies in business since the very first smartphones became available.
Their expert team combines unrivalled knowledge and technical expertise with solutions from industry-leading software partners to help their clients leverage the power of mobile technologies. Their solutions increase productivity, enhance collaboration, improve employee engagement, enhance service delivery, increase customer loyalty, lower costs and gain competitive edge.
From their offices in Dublin and London, they provide consulting, managed services, professional services and training to many of Ireland and the UK's most respected organisations across a wide range of sectors.
We are looking to recruit an Apprentice Service Desk Engineer who is a hardworking, organised individual with flexibility and a willingness to learn.
Your main roles and responsibilities will include:
Level 1 support of the Enterprise Mobility (EM) product suite which includes workspace one, IBM MaaS360, MobileIron, Microsoft EM+S. Support of the call recording and second numbering solution Movius.
- Bring 1st level tickets to resolution or escalate when required following chain of escalation
- Administration tasks for Managed Service Contracts such as add, remove, wipe and reporting
- Test and explore features in new and existing EM solutions
- Prepare reports for end customers as required based on their service entitlements
- Escalate issues to 2nd Line Support when required
- Liaise regularly with management to report on developing service issues
- Build strong relationships with key customers based on professionalism and strong work ethic
- Help grow the business through professional delivery of our services at all times
- Work on offsite or onsite kitting projects as required
- Configure devices following agreed process
Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship, you will receive training through blended learning. This combines online technical training within a virtual classroom, as well as real-world and practical experience with your employer. The skills, knowledge and experience you will gain whilst on the programme are invaluable, giving you the best possible start in your professional career within the IT industry.
A permanent position is available on completion of the apprenticeship.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Meticulous and professional
- Security focussed
- Very strong ability to problem solve
- Avid interest in technology, particularly smartphones
- Enthusiasm for working in a small company environment where everybody needs to dig in and do a bit of everything, but exposure to new areas and technologies is constant and the scope for experience-based learning unmatched
- Good customer service experience
The company require a bright, enthusiastic and hardworking individual with a genuine desire to learn and to build a career in technology. The company are looking for someone with a positive, highly self-motivating, can-do attitude and who isn't afraid to ask questions.
To be considered for this role, you ideally will hold a C/4 grade in both GCSE maths & English, and in three or four other subjects at least. You should have a GCSE, BTEC or A Level in ICT or at least hands-on experience with the workings of smartphones.
Training ProvidedCORE MODULES The apprenticeship contains the following three core key modules which seek to develop the knowledge, skills and behaviours required to be a successful Information Communications Technician. The final module is a Pathway module to provide specialist career track skills and knowledge depending on which track was chosen at the outset from the 3 options available. Computer Fundamentals & Security Gain an understanding of the core concepts in computing including hardware, software, security and troubleshooting. Introduction to Networking & Cloud Services An introduction to the fundamental cloud concepts of networking and cloud computing, including networking modules, devices and protocols. Communication in Support Support in IT requires good communications skills. Develop your communications skills by exploring the best practices of support.