IT Service Desk & Field Engineer Support Apprentice
SILVER CLOUD TECHNOLOGIES LIMITED
REMIT GROUP LIMITED
This is a brilliant opportunity to join an honest, competent and reliable team. Created by the Managing Director, a Microsoft and Apple certified support analyst with experience in several fields; Silver Cloud Technologies has steadily built up several relationships with both small businesses and individuals.
The main priority of this Apprenticeship will involve the Apprentice providing first line support to Silver Clouds customers. You'll need to have an aptitude for working with applications/systems to undertake analysis, diagnosis if possible or failing this, learning how to deal with the escalation of incidents, which may range from straightforward issues to more complicated technical issues. You'll also be required to help provide support in order to build PCs, as well as install Apple Mac’s and Office 365 software.
You will also provide Technical Support as a Field Engineer, supporting the Managing Director or Field Engineer on Silver Clouds clients’ sites across London with a primary focus on hands on installing, configuring software, networking and infrastructure.
Summary of Apprentice's different Duties:
Service Desk Duties:
- Learn to act as a single point of contact for phone calls, emails and onsite visits from Silver Clouds customers regarding IT issues and queries
- Receiving, logging and managing calls via telephone, email, self- service portal and onsite visits
- Ensuring calls are acknowledged and fixed within agreed SLAs
- Helping to monitor the Service Desk; whilst ensuring tickets and voicemails are responded to in a timely manner
- Learn more about 1st line support - Have the chance to troubleshoot IT related incidents from bespoke/ standard software to hardware and networking
- Have the chance to take ownership of user incidents. Follow up the status of any incidents on behalf of the user and communicate progress in a timely manner
- Basic administration: Creating user accounts, reset passwords etc.
Field Engineer Duties:
- Providing practical support and technical assistance for network infrastructure, desktop/server repairs and installations
- Resolving queries and dealing with general problem solving
- Develop and learn how to maintain ICT equipment; including the installation and configuring hardware
- Learning how best to resolve faults; such as upgrading or replacement of equipment as needed
Become fully conversant with Health and Safety best practices.
As well as the chance to receive full on the job training throughout, by the end of the apprenticeship you’ll have gained nationally accredited qualifications as well as English & maths functional skills at level 2.
There will be future employment for the successful apprentice if a suitable position is available within the organisation after completion of the Level 3 apprenticeship.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Good customer service skills handling customer problems and requests on the phone and face-to-face
- High degree of professionalism
- Strong English and written skills
- Interest working with PC based hardware, software and networking components is preferable
- Understanding of Microsoft and Apple products, hard/software
- Very customer facing and with a ‘can do’ attitude
- A proactive attitude to learning and developing own skills and knowledge of the key technologies in use
- Able to work as part of a team but problem solve using own initiative
- Passionate about Technology, Software and Application Development
- Time management skills
- Able to prioritise workload
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Methodical and logical approach to problem diagnosis and resolution
- Ability to communicate effectively and confidently with customers at all levels, by telephone, face to face and in writing
- Awareness of the essential role of IT within business and a good standard of written and verbal English
- To maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries
- To take ownership of user problems and be proactive when dealing with user issues
- The ability to work on one’s own initiative as well as part of a team to resolve all client’s issues to the highest of standards
- Hard working
- Driven/hungry to succeed
- Must demonstrate a 'can do attitude'
- Committed to both work and learning
- Good team player
- Mature attitude/approach
Ideally a minimum 5 GCSE’s grade A*-C/9-4 including maths, English and ICT (or equivalent qualifications).
The Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship will enable you to gain the relevant knowledge, skills and behaviours to provide first or second line support to internal and external customers and stakeholders to help them be productive when using technology. By the end of the programme, you will be able to set people up on their IT systems and provide support when needed, rectifying issues to maintain colleagues’ and the organisation’s productivity.
Job roles include helpdesk technician, first or second line IT support roles or Network support roles.
As a result, you will receive the following qualification:
- Infrastructure Technician (Standard) Level 3
- Functional Skills in English and maths (if required)
- MTA Network Fundamentals/CompTIA A+/CompTIA Network+ professional qualification (Choose one option)
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.