We, Equity Network, are an established MSP (managed service provider).
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with a passion for technology to join our Hemel Hempstead based helpdesk team and provide high quality first-line support to our clients.
The right candidate will have a fantastic opportunity to develop their skills through an IT apprenticeship with on-the-job experience and training.
The primary role responsibilities:
- Taking IT service calls
- Logging tickets
- Building workstations
- Repairing workstations
- Working on IT servers
What we are looking for:
Essential skills and experience:
- Excellent customer focused approach and commitment to service delivery
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
As well as:
Knowledge in the following areas:
- Active directory
- Windows Server 2008 and above
- Windows Desktop 7 and above
- Windows Microsoft Office
- Microsoft 365 Administration
- System Build, deployment and maintenance
- Understanding of networking technologies (Routers/Switches)
- Understanding of networking fundamentals (DNS/DHCP/EMAIL etc)
Desirable skills and experience include:
- Previous MSP experience
- Diligent and logical approach to working
- Knowledge of ITIL
- VoIP experience, preferably Gamma
- Experience with MS Teams
- Experience with SharePoint-On-Line
- Exposure to Meraki, Cisco and DrayTek switch, router and wireless infrastructure
- Virtualisation (Hyper-V, VMware)
- Knowledge and experience with monitoring, antivirus and backup technologies
- Apple products and supports
- Knowledge of desktop imaging software/services
The entry requirements for this Azure Cloud Support Specialist programme are as follows:
- 3 GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship is in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Monday to Friday,
8:30am - 5:30pm,
Total of 40hrs a week.
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.