The Purpose of this role is to train and teach the individual how to support and maintain systems and software used within the Cygnet Health Care day to day operations.
The role will include:
- Logging and managing support requests on our internal Service Desk system
- Problem diagnosis
- Work allocation and resolution while working to Service Level Agreements
- The Apprentice will look to develop an excellent understanding of, and commitment to: Good customer service, along with a solid understanding of IT
- The role will be primarily based at the Coventry Digital Services Office but may on occasion require travel to other sites as dictated by service and team requirements.
- Through our selected Apprenticeship training provider QA you'll receive the very best training available anywhere in the UK, with structured training and mentoring both from the training provider and through our own team
The successful candidate will enrol onto QA's ICT Level 3 Cloud Support Specialist Apprenticeship standard, a 15-month qualification which incorporates both on the job & classroom learning.
- To provide the highest level of first line user support, both technical and non-technical, to new and existing Clinical and Administrative members of staff across the Group, this may include areas of system training using remote tools, in person or a group
- Undertake any reasonable request within own competencies and understanding.
- Ensure the security of data and adhere to Cygnet IG policies & procedures at all times
- Provide any additional support to any team member as required
- Uphold procedures and guidelines set out by the Digital Services Department or the Cygnet Group
- Follow Cygnet Health Care Policy and Procedures and maintain level of service, which meets the standard for the Cygnet Health Care Group.
You’re Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primary function of this role will be the imaging and deployment of hardware (PC’s, Laptops & mobile devices) across the estate
- Keeping clear and up-to-date information about the hardware deployed within the Asset management solution
- Work as part of a centralised Digital Services support team, acting as the first point of contact for all Digital Services support queries whether it be via phone, email or face to face
- To resolve as many queries on first contact as possible within the remit of the team and within knowledge - To escalate within the team if you are unable to deal directly and to ensure knowledge is gained going forward
- To log all queries on the Service Desk management software ensuring ‘tickets’ are fully noted, categorised and assigned and managed within SLA’s
- Prioritise and escalate tickets accordingly
- Identify problems from repeat incidents and escalate internally
- To be able to provide meaningful instruction to users at their technical level of understanding and be able to advise users on best practice (E.g. File management and storage issues)
- Provide general support including support Microsoft Office products
- To administrate company mobiles phones and provide guidance
- Administration of user accounts using Active Directory
- Support printer and photocopiers and liaise with the leasing company to manage fault resolution and facilitate meter readings.
Queries could include or be related to but not limited to:
- Network Accounts
- System Accounts
- MS Exchange
- Telephone System
- Active Directory
- Group policy
- Mobile Phone
- PC’s / Laptops
- Monitors & Peripherals
- Landline Phones
- Microsoft Office Products
- Sage X3
- Adobe Professional/Reader
- Popular Internet browsers
- In house custom Software
- Ticketing System
- Encryption software
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
- QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
- To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
- We can of course help you to develop your skills, but you'll need to bring enthusiasm and character to the table
- You’ll need to have the desire to learn new skills and develop your current skills
- A can-do attitude
- You'll need to be open to learn
You need to have 5 GCSE’s:
- Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades D or above
- 3x GCSE’s grade A-C in any other subject
- You must not already have a qualification in a similar subject at the same level, or higher level than this apprenticeship.
- If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
- Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required
Approximately 11% of training takes place in the QA learning centre classroom. 9% is done in the workplace, through online training, face-to-face meetings with your QA Technical Skills Coach, or developing your portfolio. The remaining time will be spent on your workplace activity.