IT Service Desk Apprentice - 19384
Rail Delivery Group Limited
You will be delivering critical 1st/2nd line support to our users and supporting a wide range of technologies.
The IT Team consists of five members (excluding this role) and will increase in size in the foreseeable future.
The Apprentice is expected to provide sensible advice and solutions to routine day-to-day problems and administrative challenges within the team. You’ll be expected to use your initiative and judgement to address and resolve more complicated problems and issues.
- General IT Support, dealing with hardware and software enquiries
- First line support to resolve technical issues
- To maintain a Service Desk System including asset register and reporting.
- General hardware and software support
- To use NetSuite to enter expenses, to create POs and GRNs, in a timely manner and in line with company policy, maintaining performance against budget
- To maintain and manage our service desk recording system
- To develop and maintain good working relationships with the IT team and across the organisation and help ensure the team operates effectively and efficiently.
- Installing and configuring software and hardware
- Account creation and maintenance
This list is not designed to be a list of all tasks undertaken, but an outline record of the main responsibilities.
- 92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks
- QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education
- To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years
- Experience of working/responding independently and dealing with unforeseen problems and circumstances
- Highly competent keyboard skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office package
- Good command of English grammar and high level of accurate numeracy
- Ability to multi-task and plan workload efficiently
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Team player
- Creative and analytical thinking
- 5 GCSE’s or equivalent at grade A - C (7-4) and above, including maths & English
- Level 3 - Infrastructure technician standard
- Functional Skills if required
- Approximately 11% of training takes place in the QA learning centre classroom
- 9% is done in the workplace, through online training, face-to-face meetings with your QA Technical Skills Coach, or developing your portfolio
- The remaining time will be spent on your workplace activity
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.