CDW is a global and diverse employer with an extensive range of customers and technologies to support.
Working within the vibrant, fast paced Service Desk, there is no such thing as a typical day. Each customer requires excellent customer service, and everyone has a responsibility to ensure any incident is resolved as quickly and efficiently as possible.
We are now looking for an eager candidate to join us as an apprentice.
You will have the opportunity to gain valuable skills, knowledge and experience as you complete an IT systems and networking - Azure Cloud Support Specialist - Level 3 Apprenticeship.
- Proactively keeping Customers informed, via telephone and/or email, on incident or request status and progress.
- Updating incidents and managing them through our system, within the SLA (service level agreement).
- Escalating tickets to the relevant teams as and when necessary.
- Adhering to Major Incident Management procedures.
- Adapting and keeping up to date with processes and procedures.
- Proactively maintain and develop customer and technical knowledge.
- Identify and escalate potential service issues, or opportunities for improvement.
- A desire to continuously learn and adapt to new customers and technologies
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work solo and as part of a team
- A desire to take ownership and accountability to see your work through to resolution
- Good knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- A creative, positive and inquisitive nature with a ‘can do’ attitude
The entry requirements for this Azure Cloud Support Specialist programme are as follows:
- 3 GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship is in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Assessment date in August 2022.
During the apprenticeship period [16-months], the apprentice will be earning £15,000 per annum.
Once the apprenticeship is completed, at 16-18 months [depending on the candidate], the salary will be increased to £21,000 per annum.
CDW offers a wide range of benefits such as:
- Gym/health club memberships
- Cycle to work schemes
- Private and travel insurance to name but a few
CDW supports co-workers by providing ongoing development and is supportive of co-workers being their authentic selves at work.
This helps people achieve their fullest potential and become better at collaborating, have bolder innovations and strong drivers to achieve success!
This role will be on a 6-month probationary period, thereafter pending successful completion, will lead to a permanent position.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.