This is a fantastic opportunity for a confident, outgoing and motivated individual to become a Sales Technician (Apprentice) who will aspire to develop strategies to gain new customers and provide technical assistance.
The successful Apprentice will help the management team understand the customer’s needs, do research and presents specialised solutions to fulfil those needs. They will help in drafting and setting up demos and they will also respond to all technical queries posed by the customers.
Some of the duties and responsibilities a Sales Technician (Apprentice) will follow:
- Conducting customer need analysis and presenting the customer with possible solutions
- Understanding a product’s functionality and possible problems and figuring out a way to handle them
- Determining the best products to meet the requirements of a customer
- Assisting the workshop department, carrying out repairs as needed
- Providing technical expertise on products and/or service
- Taking part in exhibitions, conventions and other events to help in the sales of products and/or service
- Have in-depth technical knowledge about the products, their working and their pros and cons
- Sending technical specification to potential buyers along with the sales quotes
- Revising and improving technical manuals
After full completion of the apprenticeship there will be a full position available if the apprentice shows the right skills and attributes.
Any of the experiences mentioned below would be preferable but not essential. They would be considered as being as valuable as the qualifications below:
- Previous experience in a computer repair and maintenance setting
- Knowledge of working with oKaseya BMS
- Continuum Command and/or Fortify / itGlue
- Sentinel One
- Be good in written and spoken communication skills
- Aspire to have thorough knowledge about the different products and their working
- Be able to multi-task
- Be able to translate technical jargon so that laypeople can understand it
- Be well organised
- Have business acumen
- Be able to work under pressure
- Be good in promotion and sales
- Be able to make efficient demos within a specific period of time
- Be able to focus and pay attention to detail
- Be customer-oriented
- Be friendly and approachable
You'll need at least 5 GCSE's graded A/C or 9/4 including Maths, English and ICT or the equivalent.
This apprenticeship will help you to gain the relevant knowledge, skills and behaviours to sell technical products and services. You will maintain good relationships with a variety of customers, including new and existing clients, both internal and external, either within the UK or internationally.
You will approach potential customers with the aim of winning new business or working with existing clients to gain repeat business wherever possible. You will receive regular training to maintain a good knowledge and understanding of the technologies and services that are available within your portfolio and those that are emerging and with specialised training become a confident, effective sales person within your organisation.
By combining technical knowledge with industry-leading sales training, you will be selling as quickly as possible putting you in charge of your earning potential. Working as an individual or as part of a team you will gain the knowledge, skills and behaviours to enable you to successfully carry out tasks as directed and meet organisational objectives and sales targets. As a result, you will receive the following qualification: IT Technical Salesperson Pathway Level 3, Functional Skills in English and maths (if required).