What will the apprentice be doing?
You will be responsible for:
- Responding and resolving service desk incidents, requests, issues, problems and queries
- Ensuring users and the Service Desk system are updated
- Deliver outstanding customer service, treating everyone fairly and with respect
- Monitoring the performance and security of IT systems to identify, resolve, and escalate potential issues
- System administration duties for all applications including internal security systems
- Testing of new development and applications/enhancements
- Maintaining the hardware, software and configurations inventory to track all IT assets
- Improving the confidentiality, integrity, accuracy and availability of data
- Supporting the IT team with administrative duties
- Assisting with set up and usage of IT hardware including laptops, terminals, audio-visual equipment, telephones and mobile devices
- Providing support and guidance on how to use the mobile devices provided to our staff
- Creating Knowledge based documentation
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The new Microsoft Azure Cloud Support Specialist Level 3 programme has been designed in partnership with Microsoft to build Azure cloud capabilities in your organisation.
This new Microsoft apprenticeship is part of QA's drive to support Microsoft’s Get On 2021 campaign, a five-year initiative to help 1.5 million people build careers in technology and help 300,000 connect to tech job opportunities.
QA’s Azure Cloud Support Specialist Level 3 apprenticeship programme enables the apprentice to:
- Learn on-premise and cloud-enabled technologies and services
- Learn technical content that aligns to and is relevant to employers and the market
- Gain an Azure Fundamentals Qualification and a Microsoft 365 fundamentals qualification
- Get an introduction to Windows, Linux and PowerShell
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- This opportunity can lead to a full - time role upon successfully completing the apprenticeship
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience, A can-do attitude, Motivated approach
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent any subject -- x3 (Grade 4+ (A-C)) Essential
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 3+ (D or above)) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 3+ (D or above)) Essential