You’ll be responsible for tasks such as:
- Building, installing, configuring, and deploying server orders in line with customer requirements
- Racking and cabling a wide variety of server and networking equipment, including firewalls, switches, NAS and SAN storage devices
- Carrying out technical maintenance on a variety of technologies (if you like tech or want to learn more about it, this role is for you)
- Investigating technical challenges and solving them
- Keeping our customers up to date with progress reports and technical advice
- Updating and maintaining internal process documents as required (we’re all about continually improving)
- Completing all associated admin and ensuring accurate information is recorded
- Doing everything in line with internal and external Service Level Agreements
- Spotting and escalating critical issues to senior team members as required
- Being proactive and identifying opportunities for improvement and sharing with senior team members
- Any other tasks as reasonably requested to keep our site and services operational
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
How we’ll know we’re working well together:
- We’ll stick to our SLAs and help our customers within efficient timescales
- Admin is top notch with all required details gathered
- You’ll help us get things right first time
- Being a real team player and living up to our company values
(People First, Be Curious, Be Accountable, Be Ambitious, One Team)
- Customer feedback and how much they appreciate the work you do
- Team feedback and how much you enjoy working with us
What we can offer you:
- Enhanced paternity, maternity and adoption leave
- Flexible Benefits scheme (including private healthcare, gym memberships, retail discounts, and more)
- Supported training and development to help you be the best you can be
- Holiday Trading Scheme – buy or sell part of your annual leave allowance
- ShareSave/SAYE – buy shares in the company at a discounted rate
- Day off on your birthday
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
The ideal candidate for the role will have/be:
- You are self-motivated and energetic with a strong work ethic
- Curious, with a growth mindset, and eager to continually learn and develop
- An excellent team player who enjoys bringing out the best in others
- Take pride in the quality of your work and hold yourself to a high standard
- You really like to get things right first time and are a stickler for accuracy
- An A Level in ICT, or
- An International Baccalaureate at Level 3 in ICT, or
- A Level 3 apprenticeship in a similar subject, or
- A BTEC Extended Diploma in IT (180 credits), or
- A minimum of 12 months of experience within the last 24 months or 18 months in the last 36 months in an IT role.
Specific roles that are acceptable are:
- IT Support roles e.g. Help Desk, First line
- Software Development Role
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
- Approximately 11% of training takes place in the QA learning centre classroom. 9% is done in the workplace, through online training, face-to-face meetings with your QA Technical Skills Coach, or developing your portfolio. The remaining time will be spent on your workplace activity.
- Network engineer Apprenticeship Standard Level 4
- Functional Skills (if required)