What will the apprentice be doing?
- Record and track queries and complaints and ensure their resolution.
- Record, track and ensure resolution of operational problems.
- Monitor the regional, national and international network systems and services that comprise Janet.
- Contribute to the development of processes and procedures.
- Monitor customer networks via our internal monitoring system, investigating, troubleshooting, and resolving issues.
- Provide incident management and technical resolution of 1st line network related faults.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Apprentices will be required to attend college at least x1 day per week either at Uxbridge, Harrow or Hayes Campus completing necessary mandatory training and units associated with the apprenticeship.
The apprentice will be required to complete:
- Work towards gaining a full Level 4 IT Network Engineer Qualification.
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities.
- Skills, Knowledge, and Behaviours.
- Standard and End Point Assessment.
- Functional Skills in English, Maths, and ICT (if required).
Other training will be provided by the employer as required to enable the fulfilment of the job role.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?To be a full qualified IT Network Engineer.
Reality CheckLocation: Hybrid - office based in London with full flexibility to work from home or at any of our hubs on occasion – London, Bristol, Manchester and Harwell. 2.5-year Fixed term contract Salary: £20,000 per annum (when working full time max 35 hours per week).
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Analytical skills, Team working, Initiative
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent 5 x GCSE's including Maths & English (Grade 4-9) Essential
Other 2x A-levels (Grade A-C) Essential
Other Any IT related Qualifications (Grade n/a) Desired