As an apprentice you will be working in an IT role and carrying out the following duties:
- Resolve problems associated with operating systems, networks, software, hardware, printers etc.
- Service desk support– diagnosis of IT issues and supporting users remotely using remote connection tools.
- Installation of new software and hardware
- Maintain and fix other computing equipment
- Assist in system upgrades and system maintenance
- Liaise with third party suppliers such as Internet Service Providers and vendors
- Support with technology asset management
- Supporting staff to implement new technologies in the workplace
- Working with a range of technology hardware -Android, Windows, Mac
- Supporting software implementation
- Supporting the use of database systems
- Use of a ticketing system for task allocation/monitoring
What you will be doing:
Do you want to use your passion for technology in a business environment to support service users with technical IT related issues, integrating digital technologies and developing digital solutions? This could involve email, telephone or face to face support on infrastructure, network principles, systems and architecture, mobility, device and cloud fundamentals. The apprentice will also have the opportunity to engage with a range of media and software, both on a development and operational level.
Please note that this role will be based in multiple schools across Somerset so access to a vehicle and business purpose insurance is essential.
Where a Primary Goal apprenticeship can take you:
This is a great opportunity for you to develop skills that will enhance your career in IT. With a Primary Goal apprenticeship, you will gain the knowledge to be able to move into a technical or curriculum-focused role. The opportunities are immense!
Driving license- Please note that this role will be based in multiple schools across Somerset so access to a vehicle and business purpose insurance is essential
- Full and valid UK driving licence
- Roadworthy car with valid insurance allowing you to travel on business work
- Technical knowledge of:
- WAN and LAN networking technologies
- Fault finding and technical troubleshooting
- Networking infrastructure- switching, routing and firewall
- Good communication skills
- Relevant experience in an IT and/or networking related role
- Experience in a technical support environment
- Must have GCSE pass grades or equivalent in English and Math
- Must have IT specific qualification at either A-level or Level 3 Apprenticeship, or other relevant qualifications
- Comprehensive digital pre-apprenticeship induction programme (including health and safety, safeguarding, PREVENT, technical and curriculum specifics)
- Level 4 Network Engineer apprenticeship standard
- e-learning training materials
- Specialist vendor and technical certificates- e.g. CompTIA
- Access to practice labs to develop technical competency
- Monthly assessor visits and competency checks
- Support desk (technical and pastoral)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills and Key Skills development
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities module
You will also have the opportunity to network with a range of other apprentices on our programme who can share ideas, offer suggestions and support. Our apprentices love being able to help each other!
As one of our apprentices you will also have access to our online portal that will provide you with information and technical guidance, as well as links to the helpdesk to speak to technicians who can give real-time advice and support.