The successful apprentice will undertake face to face and remote support of users across multiple sites.
In the course of their normal day-to-day duties the successful candidate can also expect to get involved with:
- Day to day support of all users covering all aspects of hardware and software issues, telephony and network support
- Responsible for adhering to Health and Safety Legislation and Policies
- Work as part of a diverse team to deploy new and existing solutions and provide both face to face, remote and blended support to users
- Provide training to staff in how to operate, and best use technology and work with the team to identify users that may need additional training and technology that may require further maintenance or replacement
- Willing to learn new technologies and keep abreast of developments in the Education sector
As well as the chance to receive full on the job training throughout, by the end of the apprenticeship you’ll have gained nationally accredited qualifications as well as English & maths Functional Skills Level 2.
The company also aim to offer the apprentice a permanent role at the end of the training (subject to successfully completing course and objectives).
- Interpersonal Skills
- Troubleshooting Skills/Problem Solving
- Good Standard or Written English
- Numeracy Skills
- Ability to understand and convey technical information to non-technical audiences
- Willing to work flexibly
At least 5 GCSE's graded A* - C or 9 - 4 (or equivalent qualifications) which includes English and Maths.
The Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship will enable you to gain the relevant knowledge, skills and behaviours to provide first or second line support to internal and external customers and stakeholders to help them be productive when using technology.
By the end of the programme, you will be able to set people up on their IT systems and provide support when needed, rectifying issues to maintain colleagues’ and the organisation’s productivity.
Job roles include helpdesk technician, first or second line IT support roles or Network support roles.
As a result, you will receive the following qualification:
- Infrastructure Technician (Standard) Level 3
- Functional Skills in English and maths (if required)
- MTA Network Fundamentals/CompTIA A+/ CompTIA Network+ professional qualification (Choose one option)