Who you’ll be working for:
West Kent Housing Association is a vibrant community provider of affordable homes and services to people living in the towns and villages throughout Kent.
What’s in it for you:
This role will give you the opportunity to develop your skills across all sections of our infrastructure.
The role reports directly to the IT Infrastructure Manager and sits within the Infrastructure and Security Team within the IT Directorate.
As a QA apprentice, you’ll gain on-the-job experience, earn a salary, and receive all your training at no cost to you. With our career progression pathways, you can take your learning as far as you want – all the way from a Level 3 apprenticeship to a Bachelor or Masters degree, completely debt-free.
90% of QA apprentices secure permanent employment after completing: this is 20% higher than the national average.
You will be responsible for:
- Responding to and resolving service desk incidents, requests, issues, problems and queries
- Liaising with third parties as required, and ensuring users and the Service Desk system are updated
- Completing technical and administrative tasks for IT projects – including configuration, testing and implementation of new infrastructure, equipment and systems and updating project documentation
- Assisting in the design, configuration, testing and management of secure IT Infrastructure processes and tools
- Assisting in maintaining an on premise and cloud IT infrastructure provision which is secure protected and up to date
- Monitoring the performance of the IT Infrastructure and security of IT systems to identify, resolve and escalate potential issues
- Supporting change enablement activities
- User and system administration duties for all applications including internal security systems
- Maintaining accurate technical records relating to IT infrastructure for asset and configuration management, business continuity and reference/knowledge base purposes
- Creating dashboards and Infographics to visualise management information
You will need the following skills:
- Good accuracy and attention to detail
- Motivated approach
- A can-do attitude
- Ability to proactively manage tasks and prioritise own workload
- Ability to cope with demanding situations
- Willing and able to learn new software and solutions
- Competent in written and spoken English
- Excellent customer service skills
The entry requirements for this Azure Cloud Support Specialist programme are as follows:
- 3 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship is in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
37 hours per week - flexible hours between 7:30am and 5:30pm
This opportunity can lead to a full - time role upon successfully completing the apprenticeship
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.