Duties and responsibilities:
- Ensuring that the IT Services Service Level Agreement (SLA) is adhered to at all times.
- Assist with providing 1st and 2nd line helpdesk support on a daily basis.
- Responsible for ensuring that all IT helpdesk requests are logged using helpdesk software.
- Assist with the production of user documentation.
- Responsible for escalating support requests to an appropriate team member as and when required.
- Contribute to the smooth running of an out of hours IT support rota.
- Assist with ensuring that software updates and patches are applied to all PC’s on a monthly basis.
- Proactively react to any issues or problems detected whilst running antivirus software and taking the necessary actions.
- Responsible for the upkeep of the IT Asset Register, including hardware, software, audio visual and telephone systems.
- Assist with the implementation of IT projects as and when required.
- Contribute to the policing of IT quality standards throughout the firm.
- Assist the IT Services team by carrying out training duties as and when required.
Upon completion of the Apprenticeship, there is an opportunity to become a Full Time Employee of EMW Law LLP.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
The requirements listed below are considered to either be essential to successfully undertake the duties and responsibilities of the post or are considered desirable.
- Strong communication skills in order to successfully explain IT concepts to non-technical colleagues
- Desire to learn and accept change
- Adapt to, and remain calm and focussed, in all situations
- Ability to influence others
- Attention to detail
- 5 GCSE’s, grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and maths)
- Ideally, completed a recognised IT apprenticeship or equivalent
- Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required
Approximately 11% of training takes place in the QA learning centre classroom. 9% is done in the workplace, through online training, face-to-face meetings with your QA Technical Skills Coach, or developing your portfolio. The remaining time will be spent on your workplace activity.