What will the apprentice be doing?
- First point of call for all IT support queries.
- Troubleshooting issues and logging them in the company ticket system.
- Provide a 1st line level of IT support through numerous channels of communication including email, telephone, internal requests and automated alerts
- Ensure the in-house operating systems are fully maintained in an accurate manner on all work received, updated or completed
- Escalate relevant and more complex work to the 2nd Line Helpdesk Technicians
- Undertake simple maintenance tasks for monitored systems
- Prepare customer hardware ready for use such as building/configuring customer pcs, servers or printers
- Installing software and building computers for customers.
- Take on ad hoc project work as directed by the IT Helpdesk Manager
- Meet the Helpdesk KPIs as directed by the IT Helpdesk Manager
- Undertake any other role to ensure the smooth running of the business as directed by the IT Helpdesk Manager
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Information communications technician Level 3 training:
The new Microsoft Azure Cloud Support Specialist Level 3 programme has been designed in partnership with Microsoft to build Azure cloud capabilities in your organisation.
This new Microsoft apprenticeship is part of QA's drive to support Microsoft’s Get On 2021 campaign, a five-year initiative to help 1.5 million people build careers in technology and help 300,000 connect to tech job opportunities.
QA’s Azure Cloud Support Specialist Level 3 apprenticeship programme enables the apprentice to:
- Learn on-premises and cloud-enabled technologies and services
- Learn technical content that aligns to and is relevant to employers and the market
- Gain an Azure Fundamentals Qualification and a Microsoft 365 fundamentals qualification
- Get an introduction to Windows, Linux and PowerShell
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Once you have completed the apprenticeship, our client aims to move you up into a full time Helpdesk Technician role with salary increase and a clear career progression and training plan to progress you over the years into expert areas and/or management level IT.
Reality CheckImportant Information: QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education. To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Customer care skills, Team working, Time management
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent 3 of any subject (Grade 4+ (A - C)) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths & English (Grade 3+ (D or above)) Essential