Intequal, in partnership with the Microsoft Apprenticeship Programme are currently recruiting for an energetic individual to join a fantastic company as an IT Helpdesk Technician Apprentice. This is a great opportunity to earn while you learn and gain on the job experience to start your career in IT.
We are looking to recruit an IT Helpdesk Technician Apprentice who is a hardworking, organised individual with flexibility and a willingness to learn.
As a Microsoft Infrastructure Technician Apprentice your main roles and responsibilities will include:
- Providing remote support to resolve technical issues with the performance of the school’s ICT infrastructure
- Monitoring customer emails
- Running daily back-ups
- Working with senior staff to resolve major incidents
- Completing all aspects of the apprenticeship
In this role you will learn all about:
- Windows Server 2016, 2012 R2 and 2012
- Hyper-V Virtualisation
- HPE Server Administration
- Active Directory and Group Policy
- Network Security
- Windows 10/8.1/7
- PC/Laptop/Tablet desktop support
- Switch Administration and Configuration
- Provision of Internet services
- Managed Wireless
- Antivirus administration
- Backup/Disaster Recovery
- Microsoft Deployment Services - WDS/MDT
- iPad administration
- Automated Remote system monitoring
- VLAN and Router Configuration
Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship, you will receive Microsoft training and accreditation through blended learning. This combines online technical training within a virtual classroom, as well as real-world and practical experience with your employer. The certifications you gain are highly respected and globally recognised. The skills, knowledge and experience you will gain whilst on the programme are invaluable, giving you the best possible start in your professional career within the IT sector.
About the Company:
Our client is a small company (consisting of 20 or so staff) that is a specialist supplier of ICT solutions to schools. They have a reputation for outstanding customer service and the performance and value of their solutions. They are the leading supplier in their target sectors and enjoy very high customer retention rates. They have been selected to feature in the 2018 Parliamentary Review as an example of high achievement and best practice in the technology sector. Financially strong, they have had another record year for revenue and profit due to market reputation and unique customer proposition.
The company hopes that the right candidate would progress into a senior position.
Location - Fareham, PO15.
Working Hours = Monday to Friday 8.00am and 5.00pm (1 hour unpaid daily lunch break).
Wage = £10,000 per annum.
Please note that you should not hold a higher level qualification (i.e. a Degree) in a similar field.
Your commute may be taken into consideration in line with our safeguarding practices.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- You will be highly organised, have good attention to detail, have excellent communication skills (both written and spoken) and a brilliant telephone manner
- You will be willing to work hard and eager to learn
- You will be calm under pressure and instil confidence in others
- You will have an enquiring mind, will be accurate and methodical and will be logical and structured in your thinking process
- You will relish troubleshooting and problem-solving
- You will be flexible, adaptable, possess the ability to multitask and have good interpersonal skills
- You will be passionate about technology
- You should have basic programming skills or an interest in coding/scripting
- Driving licence is desirable but not essential
- The company require a bright, enthusiastic and hardworking individual with a genuine desire to learn and to build a career within the IT industry
- You will have a friendly personality, be able to work as part of a team and provide excellent customer service
To be considered for this role, you must have at least a C/4 grade in both GCSE maths and English, and in three or four other subjects at least. You should have a GCSE / BTEC / A Level in ICT or at least practical experience with the workings of computers and IT.
You will be enrolled on to the award-winning Microsoft Partner Apprenticeship Programme. You will work towards gaining skills across a variety of technical areas including Cloud Technologies and Network Fundamentals. This will extend also business processes and project management. You will also have the opportunity to gain some globally recognised Microsoft certifications.