We are a fast-growing cloud infrastructure provider, specialising in cloud infrastructure, connectivity and telephony solutions. We work with businesses throughout the US, UK, India and Australia to help improve their internal system, business continuity, security and save costs.
At IT Answers, we offer our team the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations.
Our continued success and expansion has driven a requirement for a Helpdesk Support Engineer to join our Helpdesk Support team. Our Helpdesk Support Engineers provide direct network, desktop and server technical support in a fast paced, team oriented, 24x7, worldwide environment.
We are now looking for an eager candidate to join us as an apprentice.
You will have the opportunity to gain valuable skills, knowledge and experience as you complete a IT - Cloud Network Specialist - Level 3 Apprenticeship.
Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from IT Answers.
As a Helpdesk Support Engineer, your responsibility is to analyze and diagnose issues reported by our clients. You will perform an initial review and investigation of these issues. This includes root cause analysis, determining areas of interest, and narrowing the focus of the investigation. You will use and maintain utilities to facilitate and improve investigations.
This is a role that requires flexibility and the ability to work well under pressure.
An individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed below.
- Providing support via telephone, email and remote and on-site support
- Proactively supporting and maintaining our clients server and desktop infrastructure
- Documenting all issues and actions
- Installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of software applications
- Installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of hardware
- Carrying out daily checks on key systems and services
- Management of user accounts
- Providing 1st/2nd line support within an ITIL Environment
- Supporting Customers on Windows, Linux and Apple Mac
- Assisting users with MS Windows and MS Office queries
- You will be taking and dealing with approximately 20 - 50 calls/tickets a day
- Unlocking AD accounts and resetting passwords
- Installing network printer drivers on users machine
- Installing personal printers
- Escalating calls to IT specialist teams
- Installing software on users request after change request has been approved
- Following up IT Request forms with procurement department
What we are looking for:
- Knowledge of Microsoft based systems including:
- Windows 7 and onwards
- Windows Server 2012 and onwards
- Office 2010 and onwards
- Knowledge of VoIP including SIP Trunks
- Knowledge of Network technologies including:
- LAN, WAN, NAT, Wireless, Firewalls, VLANs, Switching & Cabling
- Can confidently and gracefully prioritize multiple issues under time constraints
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Passionate attitude with willingness and enthusiasm to own your own growth
- Must pass pre-employment testing (Drug Screen, Background Check)
- Must sign IT Answers Protective Covenants Agreement
- Ability to read, write, speak English
- Positive, can-do attitude and a willingness to go the extra mile to make sure that issues get resolved completely.
- A real passion for technology and customer service
- You love working in a highly collaborative environment
- You wake up each day hungry to solve problems
- You want to make a difference and have input
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
The entry requirements for this Cloud Network Specialist programme are as follows:
- 3 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
From 8:30am. - 5:30pm, Monday to Friday; however, some flexibility will be required for this role.
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.