We are Cara Technology. Our Business operates as a Managed Service Provider delivering IT Support and related services to SME’s throughout the North West of England with an emphasis on IT security.
QA Ltd have partnered with Cara Technology to assist with the recruitment and training of an IT apprentice to join their helpdesk.
Progression within the role:
The successful candidate will develop into working on projects, visiting customer sites and being an integral part of the IT function.
- Triaging inbound technical support requests
- Software imaging / Microsoft Intune
- Preparing new IT equipment orders for delivery
- Offering technical assistance if and when appropriate
- Shadowing technicians both in the company’s workshop and on client premises utilising inactive periods to concentrate on their apprenticeship program
- Assisting administrative staff with their duties
- A passion for IT
- A keen to learn attitude
- Strong communication skills
- A good work ethic
The entry requirements for this Azure Cloud Support Specialist programme are as follows:
- 3 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship is in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Monday – Friday,
9:00am - 5:30pm (37.5hrs a week)
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.