- Providing 1st and 2nd line support to all staff as required
- Maintenance of appropriate stock levels of IS consumables
- Maintenance of IS equipment inventory
- Workstation maintenance, including configuration to the prevailing agreed standard, i.e. network connections for all software, e-mail and internet and printing
- Laptop configuration and maintenance (dealing with security issues and setting up appropriate users profiles, etc.)
- Printer maintenance
- Dealing with some aspects of network support (e.g. adding, changing and/or deleting users from the Firm’s network, as needed)
- Monitoring the LAN/WAN (basic diagnostics)
- Hardware maintenance and documentation
- Work within defined processes in a Service Desk style support role
- Desktop application support of the Microsoft suite
- Operating system support Windows desktop
- Desktop telephony system support
- Support of mobile devices including tablets and smartphones
- General IT related requests
Potential full time role at the end of the apprenticeship.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
- Clear interest in pursuing a career in IT
- Good people skills
- Good communication skills
- Eager to learn
- Someone with an enthusiastic and professional attitude
- A commitment to learning new skills
5 GCSE's A-C/7-4 grades including maths and English.
- Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required
- BCS Award in Coding and Logic
- BCS Award in Business Processes
- Microsoft Technology Associate Networking Fundamentals
- BCS Award in Mobile and Operating Systems
- BCS Award in Cloud Services