IT Hardware Solutions Technician Apprenticeship (Level 3) - Advanced (Level 3)
Lime Academy Orton
PETERBOROUGH REGIONAL COLLEGE
Duties and Responsibilities
- To be “1st line support” to users on a day to day basis
- General user administration ensuring the creation of new users in line with standards and conventions, (To include User accounts, emails, permissions and any third party software)
- To manage and update Trust websites as directed
- To assist with the training of staff in the use of hardware and software
- To monitor and maintain stocks of consumables
- To ensure that the school complies with the legal requirements of software licensing
- To install new hardware and software or assist suppliers with installation as directed
- To liaise with potential suppliers of hardware and software as directed
- To be aware of and advise the relevant parties on issues relating to IT within the Trust schools
- To oversee maintenance and installation of network printers and other peripherals
- To understand basic network troubleshooting and undertake any basic changes in conjunction with the Network Manager
- To take part in appropriate training provided by external organisations
- To ensure that school policies relating to use of IT equipment and security are followed
- To have knowledge of and be able to implement safe working practice.
- To be responsible for performing routine network wide updates and housekeeping
- To work in accordance with and contribute to the values, culture, ethos, equalities and inclusion policies of the school proactively promoting anti-racist, anti-sexist and anti-discriminatory behaviours in the day-to-day operation of the job
- Be aware of and comply with all policies and procedures including those relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality, equal opportunities and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person
- To take appropriate action to identify, evaluate and minimise any risks to health, safety and security in the immediate working environment
- Appreciate and support the role of other professionals
- Ensure the development and progression of equality within the sphere of responsibility to this post and the fair and equal treatment of all colleagues, children, parents and visitors
Personal & Professional Development
- Attend and participate in relevant meetings as required
- Participate in training, other learning activities and performance development
- To actively look for and participate in initiatives and opportunities to promote your own personal & professional development
Confidentiality and Data Protection
- To treat all information acquired through employment, both formally and informally, in strict confidence
- To be aware of the school’s responsibilities under the Data Protection Act 2018 for the security, accuracy and relevance of personal data held on such systems and ensure that all processes comply with this
The above-mentioned duties are neither exclusive nor exhaustive and the post holder may be required to carry out other relevant and/or reasonable duties as directed by their Head Teacher/Line Manager commensurate with the skills, abilities and grade of the post.
To be alert to issues of child protection, ensuring that the welfare and safety of children attending the School/Nursery is promoted and safeguarded and to report any child protection concerns to the person responsible for child protection using safeguarding policies procedures and practice.
Prevent, identify and minimise risk of interpersonal abuse or violence, safeguarding children and other vulnerable people, initiating the management of cases involving actual or potential abuse or violence where needed.
Be aware of and update colleagues, as appropriate to comply with current legislation and policies affecting practice, e.g. Children’s Act, National Service Frameworks, Child Protection Procedures, Health and Safety and Data Protection.
This apprenticeship is recognised for entry onto the BCS, the chartered institute of IT, register of IT technicians confirming level 3 professional competence. Those completing the apprenticeship are eligible to apply for registration.
The Trust has 4 schools within the Peterborough area so the individual will need to be prepared to travel to the other sites within the Trust. The School areas are between Orton and the City Centre.
- Microsoft Office Skills to include; Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point
- Good people skills, team worker, adaptable, quick to learn
- Good at working within a team environment
We are looking for people who are enthusiastic, reliable, determined and hardworking, people who are happy to constantly learn and develop new skills.
Three GCSEs Grades A* to C 9/4 in maths, English and a Science subject (or acceptable equivalent).
- Level 3 IT solutions technician apprenticeship
- End point assessment of competence
- Level 2 English & maths where required by the individual
Attendance at college will be required
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.