Manchester IT was originally founded in the late 1990′s. Since then, it has been developed to be a local dynamic company offering a personal, dedicated service and we are highly technical but realise the business implications of our actions.
We are now looking for an eager candidate to join us as an apprentice.
You will have the opportunity to gain valuable skills, knowledge and experience as you complete an IT systems and networking - Azure Cloud Support Specialist - Level 3 Apprenticeship.
This is a 1st Line Apprenticeship role, where you will be working for a business Predominately operating within North-West (Manchester/Stockport/Liverpool/Preston), supporting a range of clients throughout the UK. Providing honest, straightforward advice about your IT.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
- Provide first-line support to our clients.
- Installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems, troubleshooting applications
- Monitor and maintain computer system and network problems – diagnosing and solving hardware-software faults.
- Setting up new users’ accounts and profiles.
- Replacing parts as required and testing and evaluating new technology.
- This is an amazing opportunity offering continuous personal development, there will be opportunities to participate in different projects within the organisation.
Other duties include:
- Learning to securely operate across all platforms and areas of responsibilities
- Learning to effectively record, analyse and communicate data
- Enhancing knowledge of testing methodologies and troubleshooting
- Developing ability to work flexibly and under pressure
- Interpreting and following IT legislation to maintain security, professionalism and productivity in the workplace
Desired skills and qualities:
- Keen to learn, with an interest in Information Technology
- IT Savvy, with a good understanding of computer systems
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and to take responsibility
- Can use own initiative
The entry requirements for this Azure Cloud Support Specialist programme are as follows:
- 3 GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship is in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
37.5hrs a week.
Progression into a full-time role once the apprenticeship is successfully completed.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.