What will the apprentice be doing?
The key responsibilities of this role are:
- Provide first-line support to our clients
- Installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems, troubleshooting applications
- Monitor and maintain computer system and network problems – diagnosing and solving hardware-software faults
- Setting up new users’ accounts and profiles
- Replacing parts as required and testing and evaluating new technology
- This is an amazing opportunity offering continuous personal development, there will be opportunities to participate in different projects within the organisation
Other duties include:
- Learning to securely operate across all platforms and areas of responsibilities
- Learning to effectively record, analyse and communicate data
- Enhancing knowledge of testing methodologies and troubleshooting
- Developing ability to work flexibly and under pressure
- Interpreting and following IT legislation to maintain security, professionalism and productivity in the workplace
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The new Microsoft Azure Cloud Support Specialist Level 3 programme has been designed in partnership with Microsoft to build Azure cloud capabilities in your organisation.
This new Microsoft apprenticeship is part of QA's drive to support Microsoft’s Get On 2021 campaign, a five-year initiative to help 1.5 million people build careers in technology and help 300,000 connect to tech job opportunities.
QA’s Azure Cloud Support Specialist Level 3 apprenticeship programme enables the apprentice to:
- Learn on-premise and cloud-enabled technologies and services
- Learn technical content that aligns to and is relevant to employers and the market
- Gain an Azure Fundamentals Qualification and a Microsoft 365 fundamentals qualification
- Get an introduction to Windows, Linux and PowerShell
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Progression into a full-time role once the apprenticeship is successfully completed.
Reality CheckImportant Information: QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education. To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
Skills RequiredIT skills, Problem solving skills, Analytical skills, Able to work independently, Working on own initiative
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent 3 of any subject (Grade 4+ (A - C)) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths & English (Grade 3+ (D or above)) Essential