This role comprises the following key objectives:
- Respond to customer calls and tickets daily, resolving them within SLA and keeping the customer always updated.
- Visit customer sites when necessary to carry out site surveys, installs and resolve faults
- Present SolCo professionally always, ensuring our customers experience is always a positive one
- Respond to all assigned customer tickets within SLA, make and receive calls to customers, update the necessary internal CRM/ticket system and supplier systems where necessary
- Keep customers informed on progress of tickets
- Escalate business critical issues
- Contact suppliers where necessary to escalate issues, and update internal system with supplier responses
- Where necessary, order/provision/configure new services for customers
- Ensure all IT support customers are fully always monitored
- Speak to potential new clients with the sales team where required
- Arrange and take ownership of customer projects where appropriate
- Maintain a good understanding at all times of SolCo’s product set, and take ownership of improving knowledge
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
You will be required to work on client sites and from home.
Occasional overtime is available and offered on a voluntary basis.
- Dress down all days in the office - we supply branded clothing for site visits
- Regular drinks after work
- Quarterly incentives like Go Karting, Bowls, Paintballing, restaurants and takeaways are available most weeks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
Strong knowledge of support and troubleshooting for Windows Server 2012/16/19 including:
- Active Directory
- Group Policy
- File / Print service
- Windows desktop troubleshooting skills (Windows 7/8/10/11)
- Microsoft 365 configuration, installation, and support
- SharePoint set-up and site migration
- Exchange (M365) administration and migration
- Hyper-V / Virtualisation
- Physical to cloud server migration
- Hardware repairs/ troubleshooting / installation
- Experience of working with a service desk ticketing system
As well as:
- Experience in a prior IT Service Desk role, able to work to agreed deadlines, be methodical & organised and have excellent time management and attention to detail.
Desirable, but not essential technical skills / experience to have are:
- Experience of Microsoft Azure
- Experience of Acronis backup solutions
- Experience of Vade
- Experience of e-mail migration tools
- Microsoft Teams and Teams voice calling
A great personality/attitude, attention to detail and the ability to work under varying levels of workload as the service desk can be unpredictable.
The entry requirements for this Azure Cloud Support Specialist programme are as follows:
- 3 GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship is in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
The new Microsoft Azure Cloud Support Specialist Level 3 programme has been designed in partnership with Microsoft to build Azure cloud capabilities in your organisation.
This new Microsoft apprenticeship is part of QA's drive to support Microsoft’s Get On 2021 campaign, a five-year initiative to help 1.5 million people build careers in technology and help 300,000 connect to tech job opportunities.
QA’s Azure Cloud Support Specialist Level 3 apprenticeship programme enables the apprentice to:
- Learn on-premises and cloud-enabled technologies and services.
- Learn technical content that aligns to and is relevant to employers and the market.
- Gain an Azure Fundamentals Qualification and a Microsoft 365 fundamentals qualification.
- Get an introduction to Windows, Linux and Powershell.