- Acting as the first point of contact for technical service requests from customers
- Logging and maintaining chronological detail throughout a service ticket lifecycle
- Providing 1st line diagnosis and resolution with a high level of first-time fixes
- Responding appropriately to more complex problems through escalation
- Prioritisation and management of workload to ensure client SLAs are met
- Build positive relationships with customers
- Build, configure new PCs, and network devices to required specifications
- Provide support for IT infrastructure components, including desktops, Laptops, Telephony both remotely from the office and onsite at client’s locations
- Preparing regular end of day reports on the tasks assigned is required
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
- After qualifying period and based on your own knowledge and understanding you can opt in to our on-call rota which attracts an additional top-up amount per week you are ‘on call’ in addition to salary. Can start from 6-9 months be depends on the individual!
- 28 days holiday (inc. Bank Holidays)
- After probation period qualification for Health Cashback Plan and employee benefits
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
- Able to provide a high level of service to users
- Ability to solve problems under pressure, prioritising effectively
- Good organisation and planning skills with a very high attention to detail
This role requires a good positive attitude towards job, tasks, clients and events, at all times.
- Able to communicate effectively with users and senior management
You need to have 5 GCSE’s:
- Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades D or above
- 3x GCSE’s grade A-C in any other subject
You must not already have a qualification in a similar subject at the same level, or higher level than this apprenticeship.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
- Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required
Approximately 11% of training takes place in the QA learning centre classroom. 9% is done in the workplace, through online training, face-to-face meetings with your QA Technical Skills Coach, or developing your portfolio. The remaining time will be spent on your workplace activity.