We are looking for a customer service oriented team player with a strong work ethic who can hit the ground running with minimal supervision.
The post holder will provide effective IT Support for our teams in the UK and across EMEA.
The post holder is responsible for supporting and maintaining the Microsoft Server and Desktop operating systems, and Google Mail environment plus general maintenance of all IT-related hardware/software. The position provides exposure to a broad range of IT-related projects and activities.
Main role / responsibilities:
- Perform preventive and on-demand maintenance on a variety of client Mac and Window systems.
- Troubleshoot and maintain Zoom video
- Be responsible for ensuring customers’ computer issues are resolved in a timely manner, and escalate to IT Manager where necessary
- Undertake small to medium-sized IT projects as instructed by the IT Manager
- Support end users via remote assistance, telephone, chat and email
- Provide resolution to technical or application issues reported by customers or management.
- Respond to customer issues with status and resolution. Document and maintain support records of customer interaction for the knowledge base in the ticketing system.
- Track issues and act as liaison between the IT Department, operations team and related departments in order to resolve issues.
- On-boarding of new employees and workstation configuration.
- Off-boarding of employees and workstation / stock management.
- Install authorised software to laptops and desktops
- Ensuring security and upgrades are applied and kept up to date on desktops and laptops
- Antivirus installation to all desktops and laptops
- Fault-finding to laptops
- Completing internal user moves including phones
- Ensure all logs for equipment and users are maintained
- Creating purchase requisitions for IT hardware/software
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
- Strong knowledge of Apple Mac software and hardware
- Experienced in managing system accounts in Active Directory
- Ability to work independently, autonomously and handle multiple issues simultaneously
- Strong technical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
- Strong ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally, including previous work with a geographically distributed team
- Must have organizational, planning and problem-solving skills.
- Possesses excellent attention to detail
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills and excellent customer service to all levels of internal customers
- Happy to complete additional responsibilities as requested by the IT Manager
- A-Levels in ICT/Business/Computing
- Or an Apprenticeship in a similar subject (this must be at least the level below the planned programme)
- Or an International Baccalaureate at level 3 in ICT
- Or a BTEC Extended Diploma in IT (180 credits)
- For any City and Guilds programmes, the learner must be 18 on the first day of their apprenticeship
Through the apprenticeship you will gain skills and knowledge to develop and organise strategy, create marketing and sales plans, manage budgets, projects, and approaches to innovation and digital technologies that impact the organisation.