We are looking to recruit an IT Engineer Apprentice who is a hardworking, organised individual with flexibility, aptitude when it comes to technology, and a willingness to learn.
As an IT Engineer Apprentice your main roles and responsibilities will include:
- Being trained on, accessing and using established processes and tools to support customers
- Giving direct customer support via phone and email
- Using the ticket platform and escalation process for tracking and escalating issues
- Carrying out problem diagnosis following established processes
- Making analysis and recommendations against client requirements
- Applying the company’s and the client’s security policies across all activities
- Working on hardware, software and network cabling
About the Company
Our client are experts at empowering businesses by leveraging the latest technology, and have done for over a decade. Through their partnership, they have assisted companies in all industry sectors to achieve their potential. Like it or loathe it, technology is the lifeblood of modern businesses. They understand this, and their IT solutions exist to solve problems for every area of business, such as finance, business and IT. Their products/services include Microsoft 365 Enterprise, cloud workspace and on-premises IT. Some of the organisations that entrust their IT to our client include Capita, the BBC, Land Rover and Bathstore.
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship programme, you will have achieved industry recognised qualifications, giving you a fantastic start to your IT career!
Please note that your commute may be taken into consideration when we review your application, in line with our safeguarding practices.
- You will be highly organised with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- You will be adaptable with the ability to multitask
- You will be thorough, steady, careful and prompt
- You will have an aptitude for all things IT and technical, including superb IT skills and a base knowledge of hardware & software
The company require a bright, enthusiastic and hardworking individual with a genuine desire to learn and to build a career in technology. The company are looking for someone with a positive, highly self-motivating, can-do attitude and who isn’t afraid to ask questions. You will be willing to work hard and eager to learn.
To be considered for this role, you ideally will hold a C/4 grade in both GCSE (or equivalent) Maths & English, and in three or four other subjects at least.
You should have a GCSE, BTEC or A Level in ICT or at least hands-on experience with the workings of computers and IT.
Please note that you must not hold an existing qualification at a higher level in a similar subject (e.g. a degree).
The apprenticeship contains the following three core key modules which seek to develop the knowledge, skills and behaviours required to be a successful Information Communications Technician. The final module is a Pathway module to provide specialist career track skills and knowledge depending on which track was chosen at the outset from the 3 options available.
Computer Fundamentals & Security
Gain an understanding of the core concepts in computing including hardware, software, security and troubleshooting.
Introduction to Networking & Cloud Services
An introduction to the fundamental cloud concepts of networking and cloud computing, including networking modules, devices and protocols.
Communication in Support
Support in IT requires good communications skills. Develop your communications skills by exploring the best practices of support.