A Digital & Technology Solutions Professional provides technology enabled solutions to internal and/or external customers, in a range of areas including:
- Business and systems analysis
- Cyber security
- Data analysis and network infrastructure
They implement technology solutions that enable businesses to develop new products and services and to increase an organisations productivity using digital technologies.
They are self-assured, knowledgeable and self-supporting Technology Solutions Professionals able to operate in a range of related roles.
The occupation is based upon a core set of outcomes that will be supplemented by one, and only one, of six specialism areas detailed in the apprenticeship standard.
A career at a leading Insurance company combined with a Russell Group Degree.
- Fluent in written communications and able to articulate complex issues
- Makes concise, engaging and well-structured verbal presentations, arguments and explanations
- Competent in active listening and in leading, influencing and persuading others
Problem Solving/Results Orientation (Deliver):
- Flexible and positive attitude
- Ability to perform under pressure
- A thorough approach to work
- Logical thinking and creative approach to problem solving
Initiative and confidence (Dare):
- Ability to deal with different, competing interests with excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to challenge
Good working relationships (Care / Share):
- Is able to identify the strengths and limitations of other people and apply these insights to work more effectively with and to motivate others.
Demonstrates the ability to work as a part of a team:
- Ability to adapt style and tone when working with others
- Ability to listen to others
- Ability to develop an open and constructive team environment
- 3 ‘A’ levels at AAB (including maths or computing related) or equivalent (IB 34/665, BTEC DDD)
- BSc Digital and Technology Solutions degree from University of Exeter