IT Degree Apprentice - 19533
Cisco Systems Inc
Key Responsibilities of the Apprentice:
- You’ll be at the cutting edge of our exciting technology; watching things evolve and new things created
- Get to meet hundreds of Cisco employees from all over the world; building contacts, working with the best and learning from the experts
- Partner with international brands to deliver solutions to their business problems.
- Manage projects that ensure we deliver on our contracts with customers, communicating with stakeholders and hitting deadlines
- Design, test, and deploy our technology and understand the engineering behind it in order to break and fix it
- Analyse and unpick what our data means to inform what and how we do our work
- Help local communities by ‘giving back’ to fundraise, volunteer time and raise awareness of local causes
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
- At Cisco, we love to give back to the Community, and we encourage staff to do so by giving employees 5 days off (in addition to their Paid Time off) to give back to a cause that they care about.
- For your birthday, you get a duvet day off which you can take off either 5 days before or after the day.
- Voted World’s No. 1 Employer to work for
- Salary increases each year of the 3-year program
- Opportunity to progress onto a Master’s Degree Apprenticeship
- Gateway to Graduate opportunities at Cisco
- Attractive bonus package
- Life Assurance
- Cisco Perks Program (i.e. discounts at national shops / reduced cinema tickets)
- Health & Dental care
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
- Has a passion for technology
- Is motivated to learn and has the ambition & drive to succeed
- Uses a methodical approach, has good organisational skills and takes responsibility for their work
- Is focused on achieving results
- Communicates well and shows enthusiasm for what they work on
- Has the ability to persevere and remain resilient and patient
- Can work independently, once shown what to do
- A-Levels in ICT/Business/Computing
- Or an Apprenticeship in a similar subject (this must be at least the level below the planned programme)
- Or an International Baccalaureate at level 3 in ICT
- Or a BTEC Extended Diploma in IT (180 credits)
- Level 6 - Digital and technology solutions professional standard
- Functional Skills if required
The pattern of study is designed to fit around full-time employment and uses a blended learning approach, which mixes distance learning, work-based study and attendance at on-campus study days.
Further details of training will be discussed upon interview.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.