The Mowbray Education Trust (MET) is a multi-academy trust currently educating around 2,500 children from the age of 2 to 16 in the town of Melton Mowbray and surrounding villages in the Borough of Melton.
The MET currently has one secondary school, five primary schools and one preschool: with potential numerical and geographical growth in the future.
We have an exciting opportunity for an IT Apprentice to join the IT team. You will work alongside the Group IT Manager and IT Technician to ensure the smooth running of the technical IT service across all schools in the Mowbray Education Trust.
You will have the opportunity to gain valuable skills, knowledge and experience as you complete a Level 3 IT Azure Cloud Support Specialist Apprenticeship.
This role is fixed term for a period of up to 16 months or until the apprenticeship is completed, whichever is sooner – (this is subject to a satisfactory 6-month probationary period).
Over the duration of the 16 months, you will receive a combination of face-to-face and online training and support.
You will be a split between working within the IT function (80%) and having allocated time to complete your course (20%).
The role of IT Apprentice will involve working across a number of different areas including:
- Help desk support
- Monitoring, diagnosing, repairing and recording breakdowns
- Maintaining accurate records
- Carrying out routine maintenance work
What we are looking for:
- You will have good communication and problem-solving skills
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- A good level of IT skills, including experience using Microsoft Office software
- Able to manage your own workload and respond swiftly to tight deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to enthuse and motivate others and develop effective partnerships.
- Honest and discrete
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Willingness to work flexibly and work extra hours as necessary to meet the needs of the Trust
- Experience of Windows/Apple operating systems and knowledge pf GDPR and Data Protection
The entry requirements for this Azure Cloud Support Specialist programme are as follows:
- 3 GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship is in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
You will be required to work 37 hours per week all year round.
- Access to Local Government Pension Scheme membership
- 31 days’ annual leave per year including public holidays
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Opportunities to develop and progress within the Trust
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.