What will the apprentice be doing?
- Efficiently handling incoming user account or client tickets
- Dealing with inbound and outbound calls in a friendly and professional manner to clients who are having technical issues
- Performing initial triage on all issues and aiming to resolve issues on the initial call
- Logging detailed and accurate information into the call management system
- Taking responsibility for your personal call queue, as well as the team call queues where necessary, ensuring that all calls are resolved in a timely fashion
- Communicating with the client to keep them updated of the progress and ensuring that customer satisfaction remains high
- Assisting with other process-based responsibilities, like performing software builds/rebuilds on PC’s/laptops, installing and configuring Windows services and quality checking build quality before delivery
- Escalating tickets as necessary
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The new Microsoft Azure Cloud Support Specialist Level 3 programme has been designed in partnership with Microsoft to build Azure cloud capabilities in your organisation.
This new Microsoft apprenticeship is part of QA's drive to support Microsoft’s Get On 2021 campaign, a five-year initiative to help 1.5 million people build careers in technology and help 300,000 connect to tech job opportunities.
QA’s Azure Cloud Support Specialist Level 3 apprenticeship programme enables the apprentice to:
- Learn on-premises and cloud-enabled technologies and services
- Learn technical content that aligns to and is relevant to employers and the market
- Gain an Azure Fundamentals Qualification and a Microsoft 365 fundamentals qualification
- Get an introduction to Windows, Linux and PowerShell
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
We want our staff to stay with us for years (our longest-serving employees have been with us from the very start). Pathway to becoming a First Contact Resolution (FCR) Engineer within Bluecube. There is also the opportunity to continue your apprenticeship journey through to Level 4 and Degree apprenticeship programmes.
Reality CheckImportant Information: QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education. To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Problem solving skills
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent 3 of any subject (Grade 4+ (A* - C)) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths & English (Grade 3+ (D or above)) Essential