A normal day would include:
- Support all staff and students in the use of information technology
- Respond to requests from the IT Manager and staff to problem solve issues on site
- Carry out routine maintenance and repair of computer and audio-visual equipment
- Carry out basic electrical testing of computer and audio-visual equipment in accordance with Health and Safety requirements
- Assist with the training of staff in the use of IT
- Help with the installation of hardware and software
- Produce support materials for staff and students
How you will be supported:
Full training and support will be provided by The Growth Company to help you achieve your apprenticeship and reach your full potential in your role.
What will happen next:
New applicants to The Growth Company who meet any basic entry requirements of the role will be contacted within two working days to be invited to meet a member of our team. You will then have the opportunity to find out:
- More about this vacancy and any others you are suitable for
- Any training you need to complete
- What the next steps will be
How you could get there:
If you would be catching public transport for this role, visit the Journey Planner on www.tfgm.com to see how you would get there and how long it would take.
Possible progression within the company and progression onto the next-level apprenticeship.
- Good organisational skills and ability to work on own initiative
- Strong IT skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels
- Motivated and enthusiastic
- Presentable appearance
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Team player
GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in maths and English.
Level 3 Infrastructure Technician apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)