What will the apprentice be doing?
- Attend internal and external training at college
- Proactively answer the service desk phone within 3 rings
- Hardware builds
- Create and log Service Desk tickets accurately and within Service Level Agreements
- End-user, desktop IT support to diagnose and resolve technical issues
- Apply logical trouble shooting within your technical ability
- Support users on both hardware and software applications
- Provide clear & accurate communication of information internally to the team and externally to customers
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
IT solutions technician standard
- Training will take place at college 1x day a week
- Clear Thinking's onsite induction training and shadowing takes place over the first 3 months
- Clear Thinking training takes place in the office environment and in our purpose built and multifunctional Build Room / Training suite
- Internal training is ongoing to meet with specific product certifications
With technology you never stop learning!
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Possible career progression to 1st Line IT Support Technician for the successful candidates
Reality CheckWe are located 10minute walk from Billericay train station, with local bus routes outside the office too. Please only apply if you are able to comfortably commute to Billericay.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative, Good Written & Spoken English
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English and Maths (Grade 4-9) Essential