Intequal, in partnership with the Microsoft Apprenticeship Programme are currently recruiting for an energetic individual to join a fantastic company as an IT Apprentice, focussing on Apple products. This is a great opportunity to earn while you learn and gain on the job experience to kickstart your career in IT with the opportunity to become an Apple accredited engineer.
About the Company
Our client is based in Cheltenham and has supported businesses across the south west for over 30 years. They focus on three aspects of IT: Support, Administration and Security. They support PC and Mac with the same enthusiasm. Using Microsoft 365 as the foundation, they build their services around their clients needs.
Their clients include marketing and creative agencies, accountants, architects, financial services and many more. They offer a very personal service, helping start-ups and small to medium size businesses keep their IT simple and secure.
We are looking to recruit an Apple-focused IT Apprentice who is a hardworking, organised individual with flexibility and a willingness to learn.
As a Microsoft Infrastructure Technician Apprentice your main roles and responsibilities will include:
- Becoming a valued part of the IT Support team
- Learning how to provide technical support
- Gaining on the job experience and being able to utilise the skills you have gained over the duration of your Apprenticeship
- Help with repair, upgrade and servicing of Windows and Apple computers
- Assist with network installations and configuration
- Provide 1st Line support, on the phone, face to face and via remote support
- Fault diagnosis and diagnosis of security issues
- Working with hardware
- Software installation
Throughout the duration of the Apprenticeship, you will receive Microsoft training and accreditation through blended learning. This combines online technical training within a virtual classroom, as well as real-world and practical experience with your employer. The certifications you gain are highly respected and globally recognised. The skills, knowledge and experience you will gain whilst on the programme are invaluable, giving you the best possible start in your professional career within the IT industry.
There is the opportunity to become an Apple accredited engineer
- You will have a passion for Apple products
- A keen interest in IT & Tech
- You will be highly organised with excellent communication skills
- You will be willing to work hard and eager to learn
- You will be adaptable with the ability to multitask
- You will have superb IT skills and a base knowledge of hardware & software
The company require a bright, enthusiastic and hardworking individual with a genuine desire to learn and to build a career in technology. The company are looking for someone with a positive, highly self-motivating, can-do attitude and who is not afraid to ask questions.
To be considered for this role, you must have a C/4 grade in both GCSE maths & English, and in three or four other subjects at least. You should have a GCSE, BTEC or A Level in ICT or at least hands-on experience with the workings of computers and IT.
Training ProvidedYou will be enrolled on to the award-winning Microsoft Partner Apprenticeship Programme. You will work towards gaining skills across a variety of technical areas including MTA Cloud Fundamentals and MTA Network Fundamentals, these are globally recognised certifications, you will also gain a City and Guilds Diploma in Coding and logic and mobile and operating systems. This will also extend to business processes and project management.