What will the apprentice be doing?
- Resolve incidents that have been raised by staff in Jira which relate to the end-user computing platform
- Provide high quality technical support to CEG’s users across a broad range of technologies
- Monitor, prioritise and resolve support calls and service requests, liaising directly with users as required
- You will be mentored by a member of the IT team
- Apprentice Scheme – Level 3 Infrastructure Technician course will be undertaken as part of the role
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- You will achieve your Level 3 Infrastructure Technician qualification
- The training would take place over 12-14mths and much of it will be remote learning due to COVID-19.
- However, you will also have block release training with our provide JUST IT.
- You will be mentored by a member of the IT team.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Once qualified, we are hopeful their is room to progess within CEG onto a Support Technician role or into our Infrastructure Team.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative, Patience
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent ICT (Grade 4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Essential